8: I should stay strong

"Um well, then this is awkward," I turned to the source of the voice and there, Cud was just standing there awkwardly with two cups of fruit punch in his hands.

"I'm sorry, it's just-" I said, only to be cut off by him.

"It's fine. All I have against you is your bad taste in partners so no sweat. Here's your punch and I'll be going now, I needn't ruin your night," he said, handing the cup of fruit to me and then walking off and my instinct told me to follow him, but as I stepped forward I was held in place by a firm and familiar arm, but to my surprise he actually stepped forward.

"Let me go and clear things up otherwise, knowing you, will worry if he is okay for the rest of your life, but while I'm gone, remember that you are my Kit Kat and no one is to touch my sweet chocolate." After saying this he then walked off in the same direction as Cud had gone, but as much as he was a full cliqué, he looked like an idol or movie star as he walked off and I'm pretty sure all eyes had followed him as he left.

After the doors leading to the corridor swung shut, suddenly I had people climbing over each other trying to find out why there was tension between Cud and the famous Ming Kwan, but all in all, I couldn't say much whether I wanted to or not, the latter being my decision. The extent of my knowledge was that Cud had a sister who Ming cheated on if you could call it that as he loved another girl and I'm assuming that this was during his high school years because ever since he'd even entered this school, he has done nothing but bother me, make me fall in love with him and bother me some more.

"Who is that guy that Ming chased after Kit?" Some random girl asked.

"I didn't know you came with Cud. Why didn't you come here with Ming?" A guy I didn't even know felt the need to comment.

"Is there going to be a fight? I bet there will be a fight and one of them will come out with a black eye and the other with a broken arm." This time, it was that one typical person who feels the need to provoke some unnecessary rumours of violence and I just could not agree to this so shook my head instantly.

"Should I get my video camera from the car?" A girl who turned to her, what I can safely assume was her boyfriend and he replied telling her something along the lines of it being best not to.

It all got too much for me and gradually my ears started drowning out all the noise, but in turn, my head started spinning and I needed to sit down and breathe slowly and deeply because my vision started to swirl and started to look like pretty fireworks, but despite this in my rationality, I could tell that I was probably having a panic attack, but I could feel myself becoming increasingly weaker. All voices were slurred to my ears, but in a split second a single voice cut through the murmur before everything faded entirely into each other.

I woke up to my alarm clock making a load of noise and out of habit, turned to the clock and dumped my arm on the snooze button because I could afford to sleep in the whole day as I knew that all classes had been cancelled for that day. My eyes were half-lidded as I just moved further into the embrace of my duvet which for some odd reason was heavier around my waist area, which I dismissed as being a pillow or something of a sort of light weighted object. 

I adjusted my position by turning around and to my surprise, I was met with a face that I was all too familiar with. Ming was just casually sleeping in my bed beside me like the handsome idiot he was. His face was so peaceful with a happy atmosphere radiating around it and as much as I knew that my personality would normally require me to push him off the bed and confront him, I really couldn't do it. Instead, I raised my hand to his cheek and stroked it gently with my thumb and what I hadn't realized was an arm tightened its grip on me who was captured in his embrace. I moved closer to him and realized he wasn't covered by the duvet so I lifted his arm and replaced it around my waist beneath the covers. I attempted to put my arms around his fairly muscular torso which was covered by a thin shirt, but I failed initially as I couldn't find any gap between the bed and his body. I was stubborn and forced a space so that I could hug Ming properly like you see those couples on television do and it was soon after that I had my face nuzzled in the space between his neck and stomach. 

"Kit, your still as short as you were in high school you know," he said probably referring to the fact I wasn't looking at his face.

"I'm taller now! You just grew bigger altogether so you're the one making me look short. I remember you were shorter than me when we were in high school." I insisted as it was true, he had grown bigger which just made me look small.

"You remember me from high school? I thought you wouldn't have paid any attention to a guy like me," he said rather honestly.

"Yeah, well it's hard not to at least acknowledge the existence of the school playboy who was dating Moowan and even people who lived under a rock in high school would know who the infamous player Ming Kwan is," I said reluctantly. 

"You are the most precious person to me and no longer should I own any title of being a player as I am fully dedicated to you now," he said and I looked up at him and he had that stupidly genuine smile spread across his face.

"Now I have to say something mushy because you have, no fair. Ming, you are the strength that I need in order to stay strong and therefore you should stay by my side forever," I blurted out awkwardly.

"I will never leave your side, not even if you think you want me too." He replied to me while pulling me close.

/\|/\|/\
\/|\/|\/

KatsuKitKat here with chapter 8.

Just over 1000 words

My exams are fast approaching (a month now) and this is causing my brain to lack in ideas due to stress so I am sorry for a lack of creativity at the moment.

Hope you enjoy!

Fighting!