7: And "no thank you" is how it should have gone

I turned around to find the source of the several gasps and I was surprised to see several girls crowding behind a pillar with their phones out recording me even as I was facing them now.  I realized that they must have been following me since there was drama with Ming and Cud in the food court of the mall. I walked towards them and some of the girls dispersed into the vast corridors of the shopping centre, but others remained put and so I approached them.

"What are you doing?" I asked directly, slightly harsher than I had intended.

One of the more shy girls answered, "well there was something happening with Ming earlier in the cafeteria and you were involved. Some girls went off to follow him, he seemed to be looking for someone, presumably you, but we followed you and then that boy approached you, I believe his name is Cud and-" I raised my hand before she could continue since she was rambling at this point as I knew all the information up to this point.

I left the mall and I assume Ming had already left and I couldn't stand staying at the mall for any longer.

Once I got home, I immediately threw my phone to the side. It had been ringing and notifying me of texts constantly for the last thirty minutes and it had got to the point where I was sick of the tone and turned it to silent, but then all I heard was the smartphone vibrating nonstop which was not much better so I switched it off altogether. 

I flopped on my bed, not caring that I was still in my day clothes and that they'd get wrinkled. I knew I'd have to get up later as I needed to go to the school dance, but for now, I was just going to take a peaceful cat nap.

I woke up a few hours later in a haze, I turned over and switched on my phone and checked the time as people do, but when I saw the time I realized that it was later than I had intended. I was rushed but since I had prepared my outfit school dance a few days ago and I had a pale blue formal suit but after putting the suit on, I noticed a lump in the pocket. I pulled out a matching pale blue tie with a small tag attached and it read:

'From (the rest of) The Doctor Gang'

I couldn't help but smile at Ai'Pha and Ai'Beam's gesture as it was very much like them to do something like this and I'd have to thank them for it later.

I made my way out and into my car, driving to the main hall and as I exited the parking lot and walked to the entrance I felt out of place as everyone else seemed to be in pairs, while I was here just waiting for my partner? Can I even call him that? Afterall I have only just met him and I guess whatever relationship we have is more like acquaintances rather than a close friend or anything.

Then what would you call my relationship with Ming? Sure he can be annoying at times, but he always seems to be trying to do the right thing. Personally, I would consider Ming a close friend maybe? That's what he'd probably think of me, but it may be less than that. After the situation at the cafeteria, would he even consider me a friend anymore? 

"Kit", a voice called out to me and I looked up to see two faces staring at me. It was Forth and Beam, the latter of which had called out to me. I found it slightly amusing that they were wearing matching navy blue suits with matching ties. "Are you alright there? You look like you're on the verge of crying", Beam had now wrapped an arm around me and Forth was looking equally concerned. I was left to wonder how my thoughts always ended up spiralling back to Ming stupid Kwan.

"You're waiting for Cud aren't you?" Forth said uncharacteristically, but I was just confused as to how he knew since I hadn't actually told anyone that I was going with Cud as far as I could remember. "I'm sorry if you didn't know, but it's posted all over the school forums by those girls who make up Ming's fan group.   You should wait inside, it's cold out here you know", he explained apologetically.