6: One hit, bad for me

He slammed his hands down onto the table. This caused all attention to fall upon the scene unravelling before me.

"Why are you with this person, he is a bad person because he always cheats on his supposed lovers! He was in 'love' with my sister for a long time, but turns out that a lot of that time was spent fawning over some other girl. Even after they broke up, he continued leading her on and I wonder however many other girls he is leading on", the guy was expressing his hate for Ming quite profusely and pulled the milkshake in front of me and I just froze as I was so confused. "I've heard rumours about this guy, he likes a new girl, chocolate brown hair and quite petite. I don't know you yet, but you're cute so I hope you make the right decision and leave this guy as he is bad news".

Was Ming cheating on me? We weren't even official as such as all he did was flirt with me, but had he already got bored of me. It was the thought of someone getting tired of me that made me anxious, since I'm not a shining star like Phana or a social celebrity like Beam, I'm just Kit with no catchphrase, nothing I'm known for in particular. Ming, like Ai'Pha is another shining star, high grades and good looks, with girls fainting at the very sight of either of those too, but Ming getting tired of me bothered me more than it should've.

"Cud, I left Moowan because I didn't love her and you should know that and as for other girls, there are none. I wasn't leading her on, but showing her general kindness and if that is classed as leading on, what would you think of all those people who lead people on everyday by giving money to a beggar or letting a friend borrow notes from a class", Ming was quite worked up himself and he was standing up with a sarcastic nonchalance upon his face.

"You broke my sister's heart and you're probably going to break the fragile heart of this angel here", he softly held up my hand do it was clear that when he said angel he was referring to me, "I bet he doesn't know that really you are a low life and a two timer".

"Kit, don't listen to him. He is talking nonsense so you can't believe him. Surely you don't believe him?" Ming said, looking at me and although I had already retracted my hand from this Cud person, who in the end, did not seem as threatening as he originally appeared, I really wanted someone to hold my hand and tell me it's okay like my mother would when I was younger.

I was on the verge of crying because my heart was torn and I had no clue what to believe about Ming. As much as I'd like to disregard what Ming was saying, in the school prior to our current one, I had actually heard rumours about this Moowan girl and their relationship and I do remember it ending badly and so I guess I know the reason why now, but Ming was denying it as nonsense.

All I wanted right now was a hand to hold mine and someone to tell me that everything will be fine and no one will mad at me, but at the same time I was fighting back tears of betrayal as I didn't know who or what to believe. Instead of facing up to the problem, I took two steps back and ran. Neither Ming or Cud looked like they were going to comfort me, they looked expecting as if I was to make some sort of decision. So I ran.

I ran until I bumped into someone. "Kit, are you okay there? Are you crying?" Yo said, quickly scrambling in his bag to get a tissue and producing a pale blue coloured tissue from a small pack he had. Normally I would've denied a tissue and denied crying, but even I found it hard when I could feel teardrops running down my cheek.

"Thank you Nong, thank goodness it was you I ran into and not Beam, he would have a fit if he ever saw me crying", I said loosely gripping onto Wayo's shoulder.

"No problem and don't worry I won't tell, as long as you tell me what is upsetting you", he said very maturely and I was left to wonder how much time had he been spending around Beam to develop this almost maternal tone.

"There's this new guy, Cud, he seemed scary at first, but I think he's only trying to be nice. Then basically he and Ming got into a fight and they seemingly wanted me to choose between them, but I couldn't so I turned tail and ran", I explained.

"Just like a kitty, P'Kit", Yo said.

"You have spent too much time around Beam", I said and he chuckled.

"It will be okay", he held my hand softly and squeezed it reassuringly. "My mother always used to do this when I was young. Also don't forget there's a school dance later tonight, so I'll see you there. I'm going with P'Pha", he smiled while I nodded, he started getting up and waving, I waved back as he disappeared into a clothes shop.

"Kit", Cud appeared out of nowhere, he seemed out of breath. "Please will you go to the school dance tonight with me?" He held my hands in his with a puppy dog face on, but not as cute as Ming's, but if anything he is what I needed to get my mind off at the moment so that's one of the only reason I nodded my head at his request.

"I'll go with you to the school dance. I can get there myself, but I'll meet you there", I said and he nodded eagerly. The strange thing is that at the same time as nodding my head in agreement, I thought I heard gasps.

/\|/\|/\
\/|\/|\/

KatsuKitKat here with chapter six after a long wait!
I admit I got a bit stuck with the plot at one point so I needed to alter some things, but I know how it's meant to go (even though it probably won't go that way).
1000 words reached!

Hope you enjoy!
Fighting!