|Year 5| {24}

Just when she reached the tree, Severus was being dragged outside by James. He wasn't moving.
„Sev! Sev!", Samantha screamed and kneeled in front of her brothers body. A wolf was howling in the distance. 

„Don't worry, he is fine", James said with a little sadness in his voice.
„I shocked him, but I fear he already saw what was inside. Wait. How do you know?" With suspicion growing, he looked at Samantha.
„I figured it out", she said with a cold voice, stroking the cheek of her brother.
„I hate you, but you did just saved my brothers life so thank you, Potter." She looked into his dark brown eyes and saw that deep inside, he was a good man.
„Wingardium Leviosa", she said and pointed her wand at Severus. His body rose three feet off the ground. Just when she was about to walk back, James said: „You will draw a lot of attention on you. Take this."

He have her a dark package and looked so deep into her eyes that she thought he would read her soul. 

„I think you might be like Sirius, the black sheep of the family. So I'm trusting you. But if you ever break that trust, I will come for you."
Samantha furrowed her eyebrows when she opened the package. It was a cloak. She wondered how it would help her, was this another prank? But James seemed so honest she had to try it on.
When she did, a scream left her mouth. She was completely invisible. 

„How?", she stuttered but James just waved his hand as a signal for her to leave.
„Remus can still be dangerous, you need to leave now."

Samantha put the cloak over her brother and walked to the castle with him invisibly flying next to her. Just when she reached the main hall, a little Slyntherin girl came to her and handet her a note. 

Before Sam could say anything, she disappared again. The note only contained a sentence:
Please come to my office with your brother, Albus Dumbledore.

He knows!, was her first thought and then she knew that she was going to be expelled. She would have to go back to her family, probably become a Death Eater and never be able to finish school. Shaking of fear, she made her way up to the headmasters office. 

Just when she reached the door, her brother started waking up. "What is happening? Put me down now!"

"Sorry, Sev! Of course." She lowered her wand and gently put her brother back on the ground, then pulled the cloak off him. Before Severus could ask questions, she slipped it into her bag. 

"Where are we? How did I get here?" 

"At the headmasters office, because you idiot had to go into the Shrieking Shack! Let's not keep him waiting!"

She stomped up the spiral stairs that lead to the headmasters office and her brother followed. When they entered the room, Dumbledore looked at them, a little smile on his face. 

"Ah. I see that you transported your brother safely? I have to tell you, Mister Snape that you should from now on stay away from the tree and never tell anyone the secret that you have learned."

"But he is a werewolf! Lupin is a werewolf!" 

"I know", Dumbledore said. "But he is also a student and I don't want everyone to look at him like a monster. If you don't tell, I will not punish you."

"We will never tell a soul!", Samantha screamed before her brother could ruin the situation. 

"You know?", Severus asked in disgust. 

"Yes. So what? He is a good man, better than any of your friends. And if you feel anything for Lily, you won't tell this to a soul."

"What does this have to do with Lily?", Severus asked. 

"Isn't it obvious? Lily is good friends with Remus and if you tell, then I will tell her you told the school and she will hate you even more than now." Severus looked confused, but Dumbledore giggled. "Listen to your sister, Mister Snape. That would be all, you can return to your common room now."