|Year 2| {5}

"So don't get into any trouble this year, do you hear me? It's bad enough that you already have detention! If you hadn't come home within a week, I would have send a howler!", their mother told them on the platform.

"I will try to keep her out of trouble", Severus joked and Samantha grinned: "You give it your best shot"

"I mean it, you two! I love you, write me letters!", she said, hugging them both.

"Mom. You're embarrissing me", Samantha whispered and got out of the hug.

"I find it very cute." Samantha rolled her eyes. Why did this dirtbad have to come here? Couldn't he have started to annoy her in the train?

"And who is this handsome young man, Manthy? You never told me about him."

"Sirius Black, Mrs. Snape. It's a pleasure to meet you. If looks could kill, Sirius would be double dead by now, because Samantha and Severus both glared at him.

"But we have to get to the train now, shall I take you trunk, Manthy? ", Sirius asked and Mrs. Snape seemed delighted.

" Oh, this is what I call a very nice boy. I am glad you are friends with him", her mother told Samantha, almost making her snap. But she kept it together and gave her mother one last kiss before she walked to Sirius, who pulled her trunk through the crowd.

"Mearlin's beard, what are you doing, Black?", she asked him, her voice dangerously calm.

"Helping you, of course. I thought we were a little closer after that talk in the hospital wing. Plus, it really annoys the hell out of my dear little brother."

"You Bastard! How dare you talk to her mother!"

"Right on time. Your mother is  very nice by the way, Manthy."

"Don't call me that!", Samantha growled, but Sirius just winked and walked into the train, leaving her trunk and Regulus behind.

"Are you okay? Did he do something?", Regulus asked, mumbeling curse words about his brother.

"No, he was just awefully nice to my mom", Samantha said, thinking about what she would have done to him if she knew that he bullied his son.

"That slimey little bastard", Severus growled, " I just want to tear him apart, with a million cuts."

"That's the spirit!", Regulus agreed while he pushed Samantha's trunk now. "I saved us a compartment, Sky is there already."

"So you two are still getting along?"

"Yeah! The Macmillan family is very pureblood and she shares the same thoughts about muggles like I do. She even has a traitor brother who is in Gryffindor.", Regulus told her and Samantha smiled.

"I am glad to hear it. Sev, do you have a seat or do you want to sit with us?"

"I'll go and find Lily", Severus said, hoping that his little sister didn't notice how excited he was to see her again. She had spend the last weeks of the holidays in Germany with her family and so he hadn't seen her in far too long.

"You guys would make a cute couple", Samantha pointed out, but Regulus looked discusted, knowing that Lily was muggleborn.

"Shut up, foxy", Severus said before he strolled down the train to look for the read head.

"I always wonder why he calls you foxy", Regulus asked when they arrived at the compartment, Samantha opening the door since Regulus had to push her heavy trunk.

"I gave him a fox to cuddle as a present when he was six", Samantha told him, which was technically not a lie. She was the one who actually turned into a fox to play with him, but those were details she would share when she completely trusted Regulus.

___

"Black, Sirius. George, Goyle.Moody, Alistair. Pettegrew, Peter. Reck, Stacey. Snape, Samantha. You will all go with Mister Filch. The rest, stay with Hagrid. You are done at 3 o'clock. Enjoy your saturday.", Professor McGonnagall said before turning around and walking back into her office.

"Not fair", Sirius whined: "why do we have to go with Filch?" And for the very first time, Samantha actually agreed with him.

The other four students didn't seem very happy either, especially Peter Pettigrew, a chubby boy who seemed to actually be afraid of the old man with his cat. Samantha had only seen the other three around, Stacey and Alistair were in the fourth grade already but she heard that those two hated Slytherins even more than the Marauders. The other guy was a Slytherin, in her year, but she never really spoke to him.

"So you little peasants. We have some work to do. Three of you will polish everything in the pokal room while the other three sort the items for potions class. And no, you don't get to decide which. Mr. Moody, Mr. Black and Miss Snape, you will sort the ingredients, you others, today is your lucky day. I want everything done by three. Go!"

"Why did we get this job? This is disgusting", Sirius complained as he took three eyeballs out of a huge glass of eyeballs to put it in a smaller one. New magical items had just been delivered and they were supposed to put it into smaller glasses to store in the classroom while the rest went into the storage room.

"Why do I have to do this with two Gryffindors? I bet this would be fun with Sky."

"Stop the whining, you two. And Slytherin girl? I will enjoy hunting you down once you are a deatheater", Alistair said with his dark, .. voice.

"What is a deatheater?", Samantha asked, very intimidated by this big, muscle packed Gryffindor who didn't seem to have 'fun' in his vocabulary.

"Oh you poor girl. Haven't you read about the dissappearences of muggles? Deatheaters are killing them for fun. It's just a little group of people now, but Voldemort is looking for new recruits. A war is coming and you are on the wrong side. The dark side, killing people, muggles that have done nothing wrong."

Samantha's blood seemed to freeze in her veins while he talked. He was creepy, and she didn't know what to do about his prophecy of war, but for the first time she was reminded of the words the hat had told her in her first year:

'Ah, who do we have here. Another Snape and ohh, a Metamorphmagi! How delightful. You are full of life and fun, you do like bending the rules and lying, you are sly and smart but deep down, you have a pure heart. A brave heart.'

'Please put me to Slytherin! Not Gryffindor! I can't be in the house where my brothers bullies are in!'

'Are you sure you don't want to go to Gryffindor? I am sure your brother will forgive you. No? Rather Slytherin? Choosing the dark house in times like this makes you go a path that maybe isn't for you, but you need to follow your heart. Don't do this just for your brother. It's your future.
But if you insist:
SLYTHERIN!'