|Year 1| {1}

"I can't believe I have to let you go. You were always my little princess, and now you're all grown up and ready to leave your old man," Samantha's father said, his voice choked with emotion. Severus noticed a glimmer of sadness in his eyes, but it seemed almost unfamiliar, as if his parents had never truly understood him. They had always yearned for a daughter, and though his hair cascaded down to his shoulders, he could never fulfill their dream of a 'little princess.'

Tobias tenderly tucked a strand of brown hair behind his daughter's ear, planting a loving kiss on her forehead. "Don't forget to write me and your mother letters. You know how hard it is for her not being able to be here today."

"I will, Dad. But the train is about to leave, and I don't want to miss it," Samantha replied, trying to hide her own feelings as she sought a way to escape the emotional moment. Severus knew how much she cared for their father, but she was always the strong one, wearing her heart under a shield of courage.

"Maybe it's better if I hold you back and keep you here with us," Tobias tried to lighten the mood with a weak joke, but neither of his kids found it amusing.

"Goodbye, Dad," the tall girl said, giving him one final wave before she and Severus turned to walk towards the train. Once she was sure her father wouldn't see her, Samantha pulled up the hood of her jumper, and when she let it down again, her hair had transformed into a vibrant shade of pink.

"Foxy! You can't do that in public," Severus chided, masking a hint of envy in his voice. He had always admired her ability to change her appearance at will without a wand. Meanwhile, he toiled away, practicing Transfiguration and delving into Dark Arts even before starting at Hogwarts.

"Don't worry; nobody noticed. I just couldn't bear to board the train with that boring brown hair. I want people to see the real me," Samantha explained with a confident grin.

Severus embraced his little sister, wrapping an arm around her. He loved her more than anyone in the world, even Lily, who held a special place in his heart.

"Oh, look who we have here. Snivellus found himself a girlfriend," someone taunted, poking their head out of a nearby compartment. Severus knew exactly who it was before the four boys, who always stuck together, emerged to confront them. He wished Samantha didn't have to face them just yet.

"Who do you think you are?" Samantha retorted, glaring at the boys, their Gryffindor crests on full display. She sensed trouble brewing, and her instincts told her she would not get along with this lot.

"Ah, hasn't dear Snivellus told you about us? We've been sworn enemies since day one," James Potter said, acting like the leader of the gang. His messy black hair and round glasses made him stand out.

Severus whispered to his sister, "Let's find a compartment elsewhere," but she wasn't one to back down from a fight. Her fiery temper, inherited from their mother, refused to let anyone insult her or her brother without consequences.

"No, I won't stand for it," Samantha declared, walking toward the boys with an intense gaze. Despite being smaller than them, she exuded an air of fearlessness.

"You two related? Did you steal all the beauty while they performed surgery on you to be less hideous?" Sirius sneered, laughing along with his friends. He was known for flirting with any girl in sight, coupled with his habit of insulting them in the same breath.

Amidst the tension, Samantha countered with surprising wit, "Funny. But looking at your hair, it seems you and my brother share the same hairstyle. Maybe you were inspired by him. Is that it? Are you secretly admiring him? Remus, maybe you envy his intelligence; Sirius, his great hair; Peter, his physique; and James, perhaps you're just jealous that he's friends with Lily Evans, while she has nothing but disgust for you."