|Year 1| {2}

"Oh and you must be Samantha Prince. What a pleasure to meet you", the elder woman in the silver robes said, smiling down at the girl. Samantha smiled back, but neither of their smiles reached their eyes. She had an agreement with Regulus that she was a Prince and not talking about her parents.

"More like Princess", Regulus joked and his whole family started laughing. This time it actually did reach their eyes and all of a sudden, she felt welcome here. It was very warm, with christmas decorations everywhere and it smelled amazingly of cookies. Only Sirius, who was standing alone in a corner, rolled his eyes and mumbled something to himself.

How could he not love his family?, she asked herself as they walked into the living room. There were some big couches in front of a fireplace and a huge christmastree in one corner. 

"Dear, you will have to sleep on the couch I am so sorry but with all the family coming, there are no other rooms in the house and no, Reg, she is not going to sleep in yours", Walburga explained and for the first time Sam thought about how she was a burden to family in such a stressful time.

"I am sorry, Mrs. Black. I didn't think that there would be so many people here. I feel bad that you have to take care of me as well now", she said, kneading her hands behind her back.

"Nonsense! I was the one insisting you would come for christmas when Reg said all those amazing things about you-"

"Mom! Stop it, please. Sam, we are all really happy that you came-"

"Not all of us", Sirius interrupted from his corner, eying Samantha as if she were a cocroach.

"Sirius Black. Behave yourself. And stop wearing that horrible Gryffindor banner. It makes me sick", his mother shouted and all of a sudden her voice was cold as ice. She would have frightened Samantha, but Sirius just kept grinning: "That's why I wear 'em, mother. A proud Gryffindor I am."

Walburga covered her ears and shook her head, as if Sirius was just a bad dream and when she looked at her guest again, the smile was back on her face. "You must be hungry, my child. Let's of into the kitchen and eat. Kreacher has outdone himself with the turkey."

Samantha was just about to tell them what a Kreacher was, but Reg poked her and his eyed told her that she should not asked. It was probably known among purebloods and she would ruin everything by asking.

"I can't believe that you would spent christmas here by free will", Sirius said, walking over to her and Regulus. Even though he was the older brother, he was almost shorter than Regulus. "But then again, I don't understand how you can judge people just by their blood. It's sick, wouldn't you think, Snape?"

"Shut it, Sirius!", Samantha hissed, hoping that nobody heard it in the other Room.

"Oh, so you don't want anyone to find out your little secret? What would dear mommy say if she found out you lied to her?", he said, now turning to Regulus with a grin.

"What do you want, brother?", Regulus asked, spitting out the word 'brother' like it was a swear word. Sirius seemed to really enjoy himself right now, having the upper hand and all Samantha wanted to do was to punch him in his stupid, arrogant face.

"You do all the work that she tells me to do for the holidays. All the things that even Kreacher is too good to do. Deal?"

Samantha had never seen her best friend this mad. The fact that his traitor brother had control over him made him furious, but he shook Sirius' hand anyways, grim determination in his eyes. He would not loose his temper in front of Samantha!

It was a beautiful night and the full moon was shining, reflecting itself on the lake

It was a beautiful night and the full moon was shining, reflecting itself on the lake. Samantha had changed into a fox, roaming the grounds of Hogwarts and enjoying the beautiful spring night. It had been the first warm day, making it a mild night with a slight breeze. Not that Samantha would have frozen with her thick, red fur. She loved transforming into a fox, it allowed her to walk around while making almost no sound at all.

A howl disrupted the quiet of the night and let the fox flinch.

What was that? There are no wolves here., Samantha thought, but her curiosity drove her to run towards the sound. There it was again. But from all the howls she had hard from herself, it still sounded different. She realized that she was running in the direction of Hogsmeade.