|Year 2| {10}

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!", Samantha was awoken by the horrible singing of her best friend and slowly opened her eyes, just to see a present shoved into her face. 

"Good morning to you too, Sky", she mumbled smiling. When she wanted to grad the present, Sky held it away from her, opening her arms:" Hug first!"

"I am so glad to have you", Samantha said and smiled when they disengaged, causing Sky to -obviously- make fun of it.

 "Awe, I am so touched. I am glad as well that I keep saving your ass, my lovely best friend", she said, wiping fake tears away. Samantha giggled: "Just give me the present you plonker."  Sky smirked, but did give her present and Samantha quickly ripped off the wrapping paper. Inside she found the book 'Quidditch through the ages' as well as lots of candy. 

"Do you want to batten me with all that candy?", Samantha joked, but her real focus was on the book and from the joy in her eyes, Sky could see that she was really happy about her present. 

"I have a present for you, too", a male voice came from behind her.  Confused, Samantha turned around, just to see Regulus stand there with a huge present in his hands. It was almost as long as he himself, but for now Samantha had more important questions to ask. 

"How did you get up here?"

"I asked Emma Vanity to levitate me up and since she grew to like you, she agreed. Of course, Sky woke the other girls up and send them out before I came in. It was a master plan, so Happy Birthday Sammy", Regulus explained and hugged her as well, not being able to deny the butterflies in his stomach anymore. Just when he thought that Samantha couldn't be more perfect, he saw her in the morning with her messed up hair and tired eyes which he just found cute. 

"Thank you! Both of you. This is amazing", Samantha said before even opening the gift from Regulus. 

"And we got us all some breakfast", Sky added, pulling a little table with some goods over to the bed. 

"That is why it smelled like bacon. I fell like a princess!", Samantha exclaimed, infecting both Sky and Regulus with her happiness. 

"Now open my present!", Regulus demanded, putting it on the bed. 

"Are you trying to prank me? Is this going to be a box in a box in a box and at the end it's just a piece of paper or something?", Samantha asked suspiciously, but Regulus just grinned, not replying to the question. 

When Samantha ripped off the gift paper, there was indeed a huge box underneath, but when she opened that, her eyes almost fell out. 

"OH MY FREAKING GOD! Reg! You shouldn't have! This is too much, you can't just buy me a BROOM!", she screamed, touching the new wood as if it was holy. 

"Yes I can", Regulus smirked, sitting on the bed next to her: "My mother really liked you and so she demanded I get you something very special. And I thought since you had to ride that crappy school broom last game..."

"This is better than anything I could have ever asked for. You are the best", Samantha said, while tears of happiness streamed down her face. She hugged Regulus tight, sobbing into his shirt but he didn't care. He was happier than ever to see her liking his present this much. Maybe next year  he could even work up the courage to ask her out. 

___

"Hey, Samantha!", Remus shouted when he saw the girl with the bright pink hair walk down the hallway. She turned around and when she saw him, her face lit up. He quickly ran over to her, hugging  her before her friends could do anything about it. Remus didn't care that she was in Slytherin or that her friends were horrible people, she had given him a spark of hope that night and he would be forever thankful for it.