|Year 5| {22}

"I can't believe that she wouldn't talk to me all summer", Severus said, looking more pale than ever. He had been at the tree that Lily and he met every summer for every day, but she wouldn't show up. He had written her letters, send her flowers and even rang the doorbell, but she did not want to see him.

A little part of Samantha understood Lily's actions. Sometimes she was even afraid of her brother. He was doing so much with dark magic, inventing spells that could kill people.

"I am so sorry, Sev. Maybe you should forget about her. There are so many beautiful girls at Hogwarts-"

"But they are all not HER!", he snapped.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to help", Samantha said, flinching when he screamed at her. Severus immediately regretted lashing out like that. He hadn't been sleeping much lately. It never left his mind how he called her a mudblood. If he had just kept his mouth shut, they might still be friends. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"I have to apologize. So how are things with Reg and Sky? You haven't talked to them in a while."

"Oh, everything is fine. It's just that they are glued together, never doing anything alone. It's like I lost my two best friends at once." She left out that Sky wore her Dark Mark with pride, telling everyone how she helped to torture a muggle. How Regulus just admired his mother as well as her and how he had turned into someone completely different. He was like her robot. Samantha didn't think that he knew exactly what he was doing. That this was the real world with real people being killed.

"Yeah I know what that's like. But there are so many beautiful girls at Hogwarts, maybe one of them will be your friend", Sev joked and both of them started laughing. They just laughed, looking at each other and then, Severus' laughing turned into crying. Samantha had never seen him cry before.

She hugged him tight.

"I think I really lost her. She is going to get with that Potter-idiot and they are going to live happily ever after. I will never stop loving her. I just want her to be happy. Even if it isn't with me."

Tears built up in Samantha's eyes as well when she heard how truly her brother loved Lily. There still was a good man inside of him, but he was just too weak, too broken to get out.

She was not going to let this happen to her. She was not going to become the evil person that everyone expected her to be. She was not going to fight for Voldemort. She was going to be a good person for both of them.

"Lupin! Remus!", Samantha shouted

"Lupin! Remus!", Samantha shouted. She ran after the boy who always wore dirty, baggy, old robes.

He turned around and smiled at her. His smile was so generous, but she could see how scared he was. He had huge bags under his eyes and the fear of what was to come could be seen in them.

"I have something for you. For tonight."

He froze, his eyes widened. "What are you talking about?"

"For your moon related problem. This will help you, I think", Samantha said, giving Remus the file full of her potion. It had an disgusting green color and smelled a little like wet dog.

"What is this? How do you know?" Remus furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the file like it wa going to explode.

"I just know. I am sorry, but you'll have to trust me on this. It won't completely stop the process, but at least you'll stay yourself."

"You said you think", Remus didn't look convinced.

"Well I couldn't really test it on myself, but my brother is positive-"

"You told your brother?", Remus voice sounded two pitches higher than usual.

"Calm down, he doesn't know! I just said theoretically. He doesn't know, I promise!", Samantha said.

"Sorry, Samantha but you are still a Slytherin and this night is already hard enough for me. I can just hope that you won't tell. But I can't take this." Remus gave the file back and walked away before Samantha could even say another word.

"Damn it."