|Year 3| {14}

"This has been the fifth attack on muggleborns this week. The attacker comes at night, kills the whole family in cold blood and leaves a mark in the sky. This mark looks like a skull with a snake coming out of it's mouth. It is visible to the muggles and  workers from the ministery had to adjust their memories for them not to ask questions.
But there are many questions to be answered for us wizards: Who is killing them, why are they doing it and is there a chance it could be this man calling himself "Lord Voldemord"?
But don't fear, the ministry is doing everything in their power to stop the killing. "

Samantha looked up from the Daily Prophet that Sky had given to her.

"Are you crazy? This is horrible and you want to join the Death Eaters? You want to kill as well?", she asked, her voice slightly higher than usual.

"It is not like they describe it in the newspaper. I asked my dad about it and he told me that they are actually waking them first, asking them to give their wands because they are not theirs. If they put up a fight, my dad defends himself and the mud bloods get themselves killed. The Symbol is the symbol of the Death Eaters, everyone has a tattoo of it on their arm. I can't wait to get mine but dad says that I am too young", Sky explained, but instead of feeling better, this just made Samantha feel much more disgusted. 

"Just because these people don't have a right to own wands doesn't mean you have to kill them for it", she said, but she already knew, she would't be able to turn Sky around. There was too much bad influence from her father. 

"Did you read the news? Amazing, isn't it? My mother says that these mud bloods finally get what they deserve." Regulus had just come to the table and sat down next to Samantha, casually putting an arm around her. They both never talked about that kiss at Quidditch, but acted like it never happened. But it did. And Samantha was reminded of it every time Regulus was around, because of the butterflies in her stomach that went crazy. Before the kiss he was like a brother to her, but now she could even see boyfriend material. Except his affection for the dark side. Or was she secretly liking that as well? 

"Ha, my father agrees completely. Now we just have to convince little Sammy", she joked, pinching her best friends cheek. Samantha wasn't very happy and pushed Sky's hand away, but she faked a smile: "Maybe you two are right, after all."

"Ah, see? And next year we will all be running around with a new tattoo hopefully", Regulus whispered conspiratorially.

"Do you see those three? They are up to something again, I guarantee it", Melissa whispered watching every move of Regulus, Sky and Samantha. She was't even paying attention to Sirius, who sat next to her, stroking her dark skin. 

"I bet they are, darling. Could we get back to the interesting business?", he asked, giving Melissa a kiss on the cheek. 

"You definitely don't act your age", Melissa replied, but left her focus on the three Slytherins. " I have read many books about strange behavior like this and the only thing I came up with was that she might be an animagi!"

Sirius stiffened and fear ran through his body at the mentioning of the word. James, Peter and himself were just trying to become animagi and if someone was watching them as closely as Melissa was watching Samantha, they might find out as well. After the little shock came the realization: Samantha might be an animagi. He did't know how, but it would make much sense. 

"You are right", he told Melissa: "If she could transform into a bird, it would explain how she knows the winds like nobody else."

"And if she is an unreported, illegal animagi she will be in so much trouble!" Melissa laughed and gave Sirius a long kiss on his lips. 

___

"Why did you want to see me in an empty classroom?", Samantha asked her brother, fearing for the worst. 

"I wanted to show you something that nobody else can see. Well except Avery and the others, but that doesn't matter right now. I just wanted to show you this." He rolled up his sleeve and Samantha could see the skull with a snake coming out of it and forming an 8 down his forearm. She threw her hands up in horror, letting out a quiet scream. "Sev! What did you do? I thought you were in love with Lily?"

"I am in love with her, but I won't give my life up for her. I still have friends of my own and I thought you would be happy about it!"

"Why? These Death Eaters kill people! Kill! Are you a killer, brother?", Samantha asked, realizing that she had just pronounced brother like Sirius always did when he talked about Regulus. 

"I don't understand you, Foxy. Your friends are thrilled to become Death Eaters one day and I thought so would you. I guess I don't know my own sister anymore. If you truly are a Slytherin and a Snape, you would be happy for me. You can't hang out with those jerks anymore!"

"Oh, you mean the Marauders? Is that what it's about? I am the one keeping them off you and I am not in love with one of them like you are with Lily."

"Well I heard that you kissed Sirius Black!", Severus blurted out, almost screaming now to be louder than his little sister. But after that, silence replaced their voices. 

Samantha looked on the floor, a single tear rolling down her cheek: "He stole my very first kiss. I wanted it to be speacial and he just-"

"I am so sorry, Foxy! I did't mean it", Severus said, regretting his words instantly. He walked over to her and hugged his sister tight, watching as her hair turned dark grey, the color it was when she was deeply upset. 

"If you did't want to kiss him, it doesn't really count as a kiss. You should rather remember the kiss on the Quidditch field as your first kiss. If it even matters, I think you and Regulus would be great together."

Samantha smiled into the robes of her brother. Yeah, maybe Reg and her would make a great couple.