|Year 4| {21}

Samantha sat by the lake, scribbling something down onto a parchment. She almost got it, a potion to prevent Lupin from turning into a werewolf. This was the only thing she could help with right now.

She couldn't stop thinking about Sirius words. He wanted to help her, he trusted her with his secret and promised to keep hers. She didn't figure out why though. He was the enemy since the day the Marauders picked on her brother.

"Hey, Snivellus! Expelliarmus!"

"Nice one James!"

"Wingardium Leviosa! Who wants to see me pull down his trousers?"

Samantha turned her head, she could have recognised James' voice anywhere. Her brother was now flying in mid air, kicking and killing James with his glances.

Before Samantha could reach the group, a redhead stormed towards James: "Stop this nonsense, Potter. Let him down. Even you have to grow up sometime!"

"Will you go out with me?", James asked and Sirius dog whistled.

"No! Let him down!"

By the time Samantha made it to the spot, many more students had gathered around, including Evan Rosier. Instantly, Samantha grabbed her neck and stepped back. Something didn't feel right.

But she quickly turned her attention back to her brother, who was now saying something.

"I don't need your protection, mudblood!"

Samantha could see how Lily stumbled backwards, looking like Severus had just punched her in the stomach instead of calling her a horrible name. She ran away, tears starting to build up in her eyes. James instantly dropped Severus, running after the girl.

Samantha walked towards Severus and for a quick second, her eyes met Sirius. She heard his words in her head again and nodded at him, before looking away. She was all confused again. She couldn't understand how Sev called Lily a Mudblood, even if he was being surrounded by all these Slytherins that didn't approve of their friendship. But just when she started to sympathise with the Gryffindors, she remembered that James was the one who levitated her brother in the first place.

"Are you okay?", she asked her brother and helped him to get up.

"What did I do? I have to go after her", he said.
His eyes mirrored the shock he was feeling.
He was held back by his sister though: "I don't think she wants to see you now!"

"Yeah! Finally you dumped that Mudblood", Evan shouted and all the Slytherins cheered. Pure disgust crashed onto Samantha like a wave and she had a huge urge to punch Evan right into that slimy grin of his. 

"I have to apologize", Severus mumbled over and over again as he got up. Samantha supported him, and together they walked away from the crowd. All the way to the castle, Samantha tried to cheer her brother up, but nothing worked. She just led him to the dungeons and sat him into one of the comfortable chairs. He was just staring into nothing and she knew that she couldn't help him right now. But she could get started with the potion. 

The bathroom of the Mourning Myrtle would be the perfect place to brew a potion without anyone noticing. 

She had stolen most of the ingredience from Slughorns private staff, but she knew that there was still something missing. She knew that her potion would help Remus stay at least a little human during the moon. But she needed the venom of a basilisk, his blood and the blood of the one that bit him to actually stop the transformation. At least that's what she thought. There was no potion like this in any book, she just made it up by herself. 

Still, this was better than nothing. The potion would be ready in two weeks, and hopefully it would help the poor boy even a little. 

Samantha walked down the corridors, completely lost in her thoughts when she suddenly bumped into someone. 

"Sorry!"

"No, It's totally my fault", she said before looking up and realizing it was Sirius she ran into. Her stomach was instantly on fire. 

"What do you have there?", Sirius asked and tried to grab the book she had everything for the potion written into. Samantha quickly pulled it away. 

"Hey, keep your nose out of my business, Black." She tried to sound like she didn't want to get closer to him just to smell him. 

Sirius barked a laugh. He had really cute dimples. Why had she never seen them before?

"You never showed at our special place."

"I know, I had other things to do", Samantha answered. 

"Did you hear how Lily blasted your brother off again? I think he went crying in a corner or something", Sirius chuckled. Suddenly, anger bubbled up inside her. How did he go from charming to douche in like 10 seconds? 

"Well I better go look for him then!", she said and walked past the Gryffindor. 

"Crap. Forgot he was your brother", Sirius mumbled, but Samantha just rolled her eyes. Douche.