Part 12

It has been an hour since we came back home.  The house wasn't really a mess, other than some dishes that were in the sink, from when we left to go ice skating. I started by doing the dishes, and putting them away.  After that, I rummaged through the cupboards and the fridge, throwing out old food, that I didn't need sitting in there.  There wasn't enough to begin with, seeing how we still haven't gone to the store last time we've been here. It wasn't that long ago, but it felt like years has past since then. A lot had happened that made it feel so long ago. I stayed silent, as I went through each room, organizing and cleaning things out.  Ayato made himself comfortable on the couch, his arms spread on the back of the couch, his legs crossed and his face towards the window.  He watched the outside, while waiting patiently for me to finish. I went to look at him, as I sighed.  It reminded me of Yui, when we last were here. I sighed, as I looked at the pot I was cleaning.  My sigh caught Ayato's attention, as he turned towards me.  "Do you need something?" he asked, breaking the silence.  I shook my head as I looked back up at him.  "No, just having memories that's all.  Watching you look out the window, made me think of Yui" I said, as I leaned up against the door  frame.  Ayato didn't say anything, but he sat there studying me, with a look of worry on his face.  "Did you need help with anything?" he asked, breaking the silence again.  I shook my head again.  "No, I'm almost done, then I'm going into the bedroom" I said, as I walked back into the kitchen.

I put the dish away, then folded up the towel and put it back on the rack under the sink.  I sighed as I thought of being here with Yui, and making the pasta for supper.  "I should've went shopping before" I thought as I shut the door and started walking to the bedroom.  I popped my head into the living room. "Going to the bedroom, if you wanna come" I said, as I made my way over. He came here with me, might as well keep him company. More like he was keeping me company.  I opened the door seeing the room a mess, clothes and other things everywhere.  I couldn't even see the floor at this moment.  I scratched my head in thought.  "I never remembered making a mess before we left" I thought, as I walked out of the room and back into the kitchen. "Hey, I thought you were cleaning the bedroom?" Ayato asked, with a confused look on his face. I grabbed the trash bags and a couple of other cleaning supplies, then went back.  "We're going to be here a while.  It's a mess" I said, showing him the box of trash bags.  Ayato shrugged as he spoke. "We got time. Take as much as you need" he said, as he lied on the couch.  I smiled, as I made my way into the bedroom.

I went into the room, and got right to work.  I had a trash bag open at the ready, for anything that would need it.  I had a little white bin for any dishes I came across, and a laundry basket for anything dirty.  I had the three bins, right next to the door, ready for use.  I started sorting out my clothes, from Yui's.  When I found Yui's stuff, I neatly put it in a pile on her bed, keeping it to sort out later.  A lot of her clothes, were all over the place.  She was one to throw stuff pretty much anywhere, even when she was in a rush.  The bad part was I'm exactly like that. I continued to clean the clothes in silence, no one else, just me and my room.  I was feeling a lot of my stress and sadness leave, the more I cleaned.  I stopped when I came across Yui's favorite stuffed animal.  It was black and white cat, with a red bow around her neck, with a little writing in the string.  I studied the name as I read it out loud to myself. "Pancake" I said, in a confused tone.  My eyes, widened as I thought of back when Ayato called Yui Pancake.  Freaking out, I chucked the cat up against the wall, letting it make a big bang.  I sat back to watch it, as I settled my breath.  Finally, I walked over and picked the cat up, to examine it more.

A knock came onto the door, as I saw Ayato standing there.  "Hey, I heard a bang. Are you alright in here?" he asked, looking at me, then at the cat.  I snapped out of studying the stuffy as I looked at him.  "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm alright" I said, looking back at the animal.  I huffed before I continued speaking. "Ayato, did you call Yui pancake, because of this animal?" I asked him, not knowing what was coming over me.   Ayato shrugged as he spoke. "I dunno, she didn't say anything about that cat."  I nodded, as I sighed.  I placed the cat by the door, making sure I take it with me when we leave.  I continued cleaning as I thought of the whole vampire thing.  I knew that this might be the only time that I came back home, seeing how they weren't letting me out anytime soon.  I finished clearing the clothes, as I started tackling books and photo albums.

I rummaged through the closet when one fell out.  I picked it up, as I noticed the cover. It had pink ribbons around the border with the words "sisters forever" printed in bold, black letter's.  I sat on the bed for a break, as I looked through it, seeing photo's of Yui and I growing up.  It had Yui's baby pictures, and pics of us playing outside.  There was a picture of the time Yui was three.  I let her dress me up as a snowman, because she wanted to make one, and there wasn't enough snow to do anything with.  I studied it as I started tearing up again, just sitting there in thought. "Why did you go?" I whispered to myself, as a tear started to roll down my cheek.  Ayato knelt by me, as he placed a hand on my shoulder.  "It's getting bright out, and I think it's getting too hard. Maybe we should head back and let someone else, take care of it" he said in a comforting tone.  I nodded as I looked at the cat and the album. "Mind if I take these with me?" I asked as I grabbed them, and stood up.  Ayato nodded, as we left the house to head back.