58

There's probably like, two chapters left in this book. I could be completely wrong though, idk. I literally write these chapters on the spot lmao.

BUT HAPPY READING!

Violet's POV

I had finished thinking. And I had come to the conclusion that modelling was definitely not something I wanted to continue. Not as my sole job anyways.

I walked into Harry's office to find him shoving forkfuls of Chinese food into his mouth. I chuckled and covered my mouth with my hand as he widened his eyes and looked up at me. He froze, cheeks reddening as a piece of noodle fell back onto his plate. I laughed brightly and walked over to his desk, sitting down in one of the chairs in front of it as he wiped his mouth.

"You should knock," he said, "I wasn't decent."

I laughed, "eating food isn't decent?"

"I wasn't eating this," he looked at it longingly, "I was making love to it. It's so good."

I snorted and laughed again, looking at Harry who shook his head with a smile. He waved his finger at me, beckoning me over and I obeyed, coming over to sit on his lap.

"What brings you into my office today, hmm? As far as I know, you don't have any work today," he whispered, kissing my cheek, and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I need to talk," I said, looking at him, "about..my career?"

He nodded, "You want to go back to law."

I looked at him, "was it that obvious?"

"Well you wouldn't have to talk to me about your career if you had decided to stay, now would you?"

I bit my lip and pecked his cheek quickly. He laughed and kissed my jaw.

"It's okay," he smiled, "I got in touch with Tom and Jim, and scheduled a meeting for you. I didn't say what it was for but yeah."

I beamed at him with pure affection and pulled his face towards mine, pressing my mouth to his in a kiss. I could taste the salt from the Chinese food and giggled before I pulled away before making a mock disgusted face. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"It doesn't taste that bad," he said, "Louis got the food from some new restaurant. He was out with his girlfriend Katie."

I nodded and smiled.

"Is that all you came for," He asked, "or can i go back to my lunch now?"

I laughed and shook my head, getting off of him before I made my way to his office door, "I'll let you get back to your mistress."

He smirked triumphantly and nodded, picking up his fork, "Yes. Thank you."

~

"Jim! Tom!" I laughed as I walked through the doors of their office.

Turns out, Harry had made the meeting for today.

Way to let me know.

"Welcome!" They cheered, giving me a huge group hug. We laughed as we broke apart and I sat down across from them on the couch in Jim's office.

"What can we do for you today," Tom asked.

"Well," I said, "I'll just cut right to it, I guess. Erm...I want to come back. To the firm? I uh-"

"I thought modelling was your new passion," Jim said. I nodded.

"I thought so too!" I said, "but I now realize that law was and probably will be my choice."

Tom nodded and leaned back against the chair, crossing his leg over his other as he looked at me. I smiled at him and then Jim and looked back at Tom who sighed.

"We'd love to have you back," he said, "but I'm afraid we just hired someone to take your spot."

I felt my heart drop and I smiled softly, not allowing my emotions to be seen so easily. I nodded and clasped my hands.

"That's totally fine," I said.

"Plus there's so much more paperwork that we'd have to do again, processing and whatnot and we don't have the time for that since we're actually dealing with a pretty big client right now," Jim explained sadly. I nodded, waving my hand as if to say it was no problem.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled, getting up. They stood up after me and reached over to shake my hand. They each gave me a hug and we said our goodbyes before I left their office.

I don't know how long I stood in front of their office, sunglasses on my face and hat on with some weird ass jacket I found in Harry's closet that had, like, leopard prints on it.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the slightest bit dejected.

~

"They hired someone?" Harry asked as I sat in his kitchen as he cooked. He had no shirt on and normally, I would take this opportunity to drool but I couldn't even do that.

"Yeah," I poured, "they were such a good firm too. I missed such a good opportunity!"

"Well, how about I hire you to be our company's lawyer, you can get some experience that way, and then apply for an even better firm?" He offered. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not sure," I mumbled, "isn't that weird? Your ex model working as your new lawyer."

"I find it funny, honestly," he giggled. I rolled my eyes at him and sighed.

"I don't know."

He looked over at me and sighed before he made his way over to me. He spun me to face him and fit himself in between my legs as he placed his hands on my cheeks. I poured and he kissed my lips twice before he pulled away.

"You'll get through this," he said, "you're Violet, you can get through anything!"

I looked at him, "yeah I guess."

He snorted and pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around my waist before he kissed my forehead and my lips.

"You'll find a way," he whispered, "I know you will."

———————————————-

Okay, one more chapter and then the prologue.

:)

Comment goal: 15??

Love
S