36

Harry's POV

I sighed as I followed Violet up the stairs. I was quick to place the food in the fridge since I knew she'd kill me in the morning if I had forgotten to put it away and it got nasty. 

I found her cuddled into the blankets on her bed. I sighed, not liking how she didn't go to my room and instead opted for hers and walked inside. I climbed into her bed and nuzzled myself into her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her against me.

I wasn't in love with her yet. 

But that being said, that didn't mean I wasn't on the verge of being in love with her. I cared about her more than anything. This girl wasn't just my best friend anymore, she was my girlfriend. I knew how she felt about me, and I knew that she had been in love with me since Bella told us that night about what she read in her diary, but I guess I had just asked her because I needed the affirmation. And her silence was extremely telling.

"Baby," I whispered, kissing her neck softly, "please don't be upset."

"I'm not," she replied, "I'm just...overwhelmed. I'm sorry. It was too quick."

I bit my lip and pulled on her waist, turning her around so she'd face me. I smiled and tangled our legs together and pulled her body into mine, nudging her nose lightly before I kissed her lips.

"Give us time," I whispered. She nodded and pressed her lips to mine. I sighed against her mouth and rolled onto my back, pulling her on top of me. She laughed softly and detached our lips, nuzzling her head into my neck as I wrapped my arms around her. 

"How was the lunch?" I asked, kissing her shoulder.

"It was nice," she replied, "we talked about work for a bit and then just chatted."

"Hm, about?"

"Small talk mostly," she said, "I made sure to mention you very often if that's what you're worried about."

I smirked against her and pressed my lips to her skin, tightening the grip on her waist, "I was not worried."

"Sure you weren't," she snickered. I chuckled and rolled us over, climbing on top of her body so I hovered over her face. Whatever sadness she wore on her face earlier was now gone and replaced with a happy expression and that made my heart soar.

I loved seeing her happy. 

"Can we go eat," I asked, "I kinda shoved everything into the fridge when I came up here and I'm still hungry."

She laughed and nodded, "sure."

~

"I haven't called my parents in so long," she said as we cuddled on the couch. I furrowed my eyebrows and leaned over to the coffee table and picked up her phone. I handed it to her and she smiled sheepishly and kissed my cheek. I blushed and settled back into the couch as she dialed her parents.

"Hi, mum?" she greeted. I listened to her voice as she spoke to her parents, and smiled when she laughed, and smiled even more when I'd look over to find her with a happy look on her face. 

Lately she'd been really busy working on some weird court case with some company I had never even heard of so, she'd never really have time to call home. 

She talked to them for about thirty minutes or so before she finally hung up. I looked to her and smiled softly as I watched her set the phone down and look at me.

"I've had no time lately to call them," she said, "and whenever I do have time, I always sleepy or just too tired to pick up the phone."

I nodded, "I have those days too darling. But it's always nice to hear from them, no?"