3

I'm literally just going to number the chapters using numbers, I can't be bothered to do anything else.

Violet's POV

I got out of my car and smiled at my old house. It all looked just like it used to be. The village of Holmes Chapel hadn't really changed. It was still beautiful and as quaint as I had remembered it to be. 

Green trees and grass were everywhere. The houses old, but beautiful and simple. The streets littered with parked cars but not a single of them seemed to want to come to life, since their owners were inside of their houses. The occasional bird would fly by, squawking and singing about their day, while I was standing outside of my house with my suitcase in my hand. 

I sighed and started to walk up the concrete pathway to my house and I rang the doorbell after I set my luggage down on the ground. I waited for a while, shifting on my feet and straightened up when I heard footsteps padding their way to the door. After various sounds of the locks unlocking, the door swung open to reveal my mother, smiling brightly at me as she opened her arms and stepped forward with her huge smile and bright eyes. 

"Vi!" she cheered, wrapping her arms around me. I returned the embrace and relaxed into my mother's arms, reveling in the happiness that being with her brought me.

"Hi, mummy," I smiled, nuzzling my face down into her neck. She had brown hair and was a tad shorter than me, standing at five foot four, while I was a good five foot six. She was adorable. 

"Come in," she said, "we just made dinner."

I nodded and reached down to pick up my luggage and walked inside my house. I set my suitcase down and walked into the familiar house, smiling as the wave of nostalgia rushed through me. I hadn't been home in four years, since I was so caught up in Chicago with my law degree. 

And now I was getting a job at Harvey and Byson's Law Firm. It was an internship, but I had no doubt that I'd be able to nail it and get a fixed position. I spoke to the managing partners, Harvey and Byson themselves, and they seemed like lovely people. So I'm not too worried. 

As I walked around my house, I smiled at the pictures as the memories of what happened flooded through me. Every picture held an entire day of memories that would just play in my mind as if it was something off of a movie reel. I couldn't help but notice that most of these pictures had me and Harry in them too. Ones where we were simply standing side-by-side, hugging or just goofing off. 

It made me dread seeing him even more.

I finally walked into my kitchen to find my dad sitting at the table - newspaper in hand - and coughed to announce my presence. His brown eyes flicked up and his face morphed into a happy and surprised smile as he got up and walked over to me with his arms out.

I just love hugs. 

"Hi, dad," I said, smiling as he hugged me. He pulled away and looked at me.

"You've changed your hair!" he observed. I laughed and nodded.

"Oh yeah," mum said, walking around us into the kitchen, "it looks good, sweetie."

"Thanks, guys," I smiled, taking a seat at the dining table across from dad, "I'm sorry I didn't come home sooner. It's just there was a lot of traffic in London so I reached the train station late, once I landed."

Dad shook his head, his kind brown eyes twinkling as he brushed my comment off, "don't you even worry about that, dear. We're just happy you're home safe."

I smiled and nodded. My mom set the table as I glanced at the clock.

It was six forty-five. Suppertime. 

~

We ate in silence for a while, but none of us minded. We were just happy to be in each other's company. I told my parents about the law firm and they were ecstatic! 

"We have to have a party," dad exclaimed. I laughed and nodded and then the dinner table went back into a comfortable silence before mum spoke again.

"So," mum said, "are you excited to see the boys? Harry, Dave, Niall?"

I nodded, "I have so many stories to tell Niall, and I have to talk to Dave about the job I got at the law firm!"

"And Harry?" mum asked, frowning slightly, "you two were more close than anything."

Yeah but the only issue was I loved him and he didn't even know.

I shrugged, "we kind of lost touch after I went to Chicago."

Mum hummed, "I wouldn't be surprised. He's been quite the busy man since moving to London."

I dropped my fork and looked at her, "what?"

"What?"

"Harry lives in London? As in, the very same London I'll be relocating to in less than a month?" I asked. My mum nodded with her eyebrow raised.

"I don't understand why that's a bad thing," she said. 

"It's not," I said, shaking my head.

It was a terrible thing. I never wanted to have more of a simple "hi and how are you" with Harry after coming here but I knew for a fact that he'd want to reconnect, and me moving to London would only give him more reason to do so. I didn't want that, because I knew if I spent any more time with him than I should, I'd fall for him again and get my heart broken.

Again.

"Violet? Is there something wrong? You've gone quiet, my dear. And you look awfully pensive." dad asked, looking at me. 

I jolted and looked up at my concerned parents before I shook my head and nodded, smiling. I pushed my plate back and sighed.

"I'm feeling a bit jet-lagged," I lied, "may I be excused?"

~

I lay in bed, in my pajamas, staring at the ceiling as I thought about what would happen when I meet Harry tomorrow. 

Do I say hi first? Do I wait for him to come up to talk to me, or do I go over to him? No, that's stupid, I'm the one that's come from the States so he should come to me.

Right?

Or should I just make eye contact with him from across the room and then continue on like nothing happened?

No, that will strain our relationship more than it already is and we know how bothersome that's going to be.

I wonder if he has a girlfriend...Dave and Niall have never mentioned anything, and neither has he...what if he's single?

I mean, that can be a perfect chance to reconnect...no....don't fall for that. You'll just get hurt. 

So then how should I deal with it?

You know what?

I'll just let Niall and Dave do the talking. Seems good enough for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh Idk how to feel about this chapter. But I hope you guys liked it.

I hope you have a good day/night!!! 

Vote, Comment,

Love,

S.