23

Harry's POV

I was taking Violet, Jace and Bella to dinner tonight. 

It was in honor of Violet's first day at her job. I offered, and much to my surprise, she accepted. 

So here we were, Bella next to me, while Jace and Violet sat in front of us. 

"So," Jace smiled at Violet, causing a bubble of jealousy to rise up in me when he placed his hand on hers, "hows our lawyer doing?"

He was supposed to be a dick.

"Good," she replied. Bella looked at her and then smiled at me, leaning over to rest her head on my shoulder.

"Babe," she hummed. I looked at her.

"What?"

"Gucci is having a show next week," she whispered, causing me to sigh, "can we go?"

I sighed and looked at Jace and Violet, who were seemingly deep in a conversation about video games and old movies. I envied them. It had been so long since I had actually hung out with a female other than Bella and actually liked the conversations we had, mainly because it wasn't about fashion.

That's one of the reasons why I liked being with Vi so much. She made me happy. Really happy. When I was with her, I wasn't the Harry that was so caught up in which model he had to hire next. I was the Harry that was waiting for the next Avengers movie, or wanting to watch Bambi again for old time's sake. 

"We'll see," I mumbled, resulting in a whine from Bella, "I have to check my schedule."

She sighed and nodded. 

"So, how's the newly engaged couple doing?" Jace asked, swinging an arm around Violet's chair. She glanced at me and looked down at her plate, smiling softly when Jace brushed his fingers along her arm. I clenched my jaw and looked at Jace with a hard smile. 

"Great," I managed to squeak out. Bella laughed.

"Great?" she laughed, "oh, we're fabulous! We've yet to tell his family, but I can already tell they'll be excited! Even your two friends, Neil and Daniel?"

"Niall and Dave," Violet spoke up, for the first time since we've been here. The table went silent as we all looked at her. I felt a small smile making its way onto my face as I looked at her. Bella scoffed and glared at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Those two friends you're talking about?" she suddenly retorted, sitting up straighter, "their names are Dave and Niall. If you're going to marry Harry then I'd suggest getting to know his family a bit first before you actually get to know his wallet. But it seems to me that that's already happened."

I widened my eyes and smirked as I looked away from the two women at Jace. He had the same expression on his face, and we both whistled and looked away and out into the restaurant, not wanting to be dragged into the argument. 

"How dare you speak to me like that?" Bella gasped. I kept my gaze locked on a fish tank in the far distance as I listened in, smirking as I noticed that the girls had gotten too caught up in their little verbal duel to notice Jace and I zoning out. 

"How dare I speak to you like that? How dare you speak about my friends so carelessly. If you even cared a bit about how Harry's life fit in to yours, you'd take the time to get to know them," she snapped. Bella scoffed and turned to me and I grimaced.

"Harry, do something," she gaped, placing her newly manicured fingers on my arm. I sighed and looked at Violet who was looking at me pointedly. I sighed and looked to Bella.