10

Harry's POV

"So she's going to be coming to live with you?" Dave said, "as in, room mates?"

I nodded as I put clothes into my suitcase and made sure I had everything ready for tomorrow. We were leaving for London tomorrow early in the morning and I had just told Niall and Dave about Violet's plans with me for her to move in...until she gets a house of her own, that is.

"Yeah," I sighed, "and it'll be fine. I don't understand why you're both so panicked."

Niall coughed awkwardly and shifted in his seat near my desk, "we're not panicked. We're just...surprised."

"Oh yea?" I chuckled, folding a sweater, "and why is that?"

"Well because," Niall answered, looking at Dave, "we didn't think you two were all that close if I'm honest."

"He's right," Dave said, "I mean, you did stop conversation at one point."

I shrugged, "well, it's not my fault."

"It kind of is," Dave said, "you kept in touch with us after you became all high and famous but you lost touch with her."

"She could have texted me too," I defended.

"We know," Dave sighed, "but the fact that you were leading a busy lifestyle, while Vi was literally a college student, and you still found the time to chat with us and not her? See where I'm getting at?"

I stayed silent. He was right.

"Well," I breathed out, "what do I do now then?"

"Well whatever you have been doing has obviously been working, otherwise I don't think Violet would be saying yes to living with you until she settled into London," Niall smirked. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the bed and zipped up my suitcase before I turned to my friends with a shrug.

"You both suck ass," I grunted. They laughed and I rolled my eyes before I plopped down onto my bed with a "humph."

"Let's hope nothing changes between us," I mumbled as I looked up at my ceiling, "I don't want anything to ruin whatever progress we've made."

"Mind telling us this," Dave asked, "why are you so strung out to even make her your best friend again?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and shrugged, "she always was my best friend. The one person I could count on for anything and for real advice, you know? She was-"

"Gee thanks, Harry," Niall scoffed. I raised my head to glare at him for interrupting me.

"As I was saying," I sighed, laying my head back down, "I don't think I've ever actually been one hundred percent to her, you know what I mean?"

"Oh definitely," Niall snorted. I looked over at him and sat up in bed.

"What does that mean?" I asked. He shook his head and waved his hand at me.

"I was being sarcastic goofball."

I nodded and sighed before I laid down again.

I hope things go well.

~

~Tomorrow~

I grabbed Violet's bag and put it in the compartment above ours. I was able to afford a private booth for just the two of us so we could ride back to London in privacy. It was quite comfortable.

It was a small compartment; nice seats, a sliding door and a lot of leg room.

Violet sat in front of me as she looked out the window. She looked a bit sleepy as she wore a grey hoodie and sweatpants and held a blanket to her chest. It was about three in the morning, but I didn't care because I'd be home soon and I could see Bella. But then again...three in the morning..