24

This chappie is dedicated to jkharrystyles because we need to get our GEDs, know what I'm saying.

Violet's POV

We dropped Jace off at his place before we drove back home. We went to our rooms in silence and I sighed as I sat in my bed. Harry said he had to make a quick phone call and then he needed to speak to me so here I waited.

"Bella, no," I heard him say, "no! I don't care. Look, it's obvious that you never cared about my friends or anything in general so what's the point? We're not right for each other."

I widened my eyes as I listened in on his conversation. 

"Yes, I'm breaking up with you. I'm sorry but I don't think I can marry you. It's not fair to you or me," there was a pause before he spoke again, this time seeming more hesitant than the other, "no...this isn't about her."

I bit my lip and wrung my hands as I listened to him, "no this is not about Violet, why can't you fucking see that I don't want to be with you anymore? No, it hasn't been fine.....it was all about the money for you wasn't it and- don't fucking deny it. I'm sick of this. We're done, Bella. Goodbye."

I heard him grumble and shout before I heard something crash. I jolted in my spot and got up to leave my room. I walked down the hall to find Harry in his room with his head in his hands as he sat on the bed. A picture frame of him and his girlfriend...well ex-girlfriend, sat in a bed of broken glass.

"Harry?" I asked. He looked up at me, eyes brimming with tears as he smiled weakly.

"I may have hated being with her," he sniffled "but it doesn't mean this didn't hurt."

I sighed and sat down next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder causing him to lean into me, "it's okay. She didn't deserve you, Harry."

"I wish I had realized it sooner," he mumbled, "then none of this would have happened."

I wasn't sure what he meant by that last part but nonetheless I still shrugged it off and held on to him. 

"You'll be happy one day, with a wonderful girl who loves you for who you are and-"

"Please don't," he sighed, sitting up. I frowned at him and looked at him as he shook his head.

"I don't need to hear the 'you deserve better' bullshit from you of all people," he mumbled. I opened my mouth to speak and he shook his head.

"What do you mean?" I breathed. His green eyes looked to me and he chuckled.

"Nothing," he whispered, shaking his head.

We were quiet for a while before I broke the silence.

"Know what we should do?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Let's go get drunk."

~

"Drink up, assholes!" Jace cheered as he handed us our drinks. Harry sent him a weak smile and he looked to me. 

"Have fun," I mouthed. He sighed and nodded before he took a swig of his whiskey. 

Jace set his drink down on the counter in front of us as we stood at the bar and he looked out to the dance floor. He then looked at me and winked, reaching over to grab my hand. 

"Come dance," he murmured. I sighed and looked at Harry, feeling a rush of sadness wash over me as he looked ahead and cleared his throat.

We were here to help him get over his break up and here Jace was trying to get with me and make Harry feel even worse for being single. 

"No," I smiled, "I'll stay here with H and make sure he doesn't drink too much and die."

Harry snorted as he sat on the bar stool and leaned over onto the counter and looked at us.

"Suit yourself," Jace shrugged. He left us to go weave his way in between the dancers and I sighed as I sat next to Harry.

"You feeling okay?" I asked, as he looked at me. He smiled at me and shrugged.

"If by okay, you mean wasted and done with girls, then yeah," he laughed, taking another sip of his drink, "I'm fine."

I nodded and we talked for a bit, about nothing and something. We spoke about how my job was, about my bosses and how nice I thought Jim was. Harry got a bit curious and started asking me about Jim's full name, his age, what he looked like. I figured it was his normal protective side asking, but then I also detected a hint of jealousy when I told him that Jim had a really nice smile and personality. I mean, I think it was jealousy.

He clenched his jaw and stared forward for a while. 

I was about to open my mouth to speak again when we were interrupted by someone.

"Why hello there, handsome."

We looked to our left to find a red haired girl staring at Harry. She wore a tight black dress and had on bright red lipstick that brought out her green eyes. She frowned at me and looked back to Harry with a smile. She walked up beside him and sat down next to him, ordering a drink from the bar. Harry simply looked forward and sighed. 

I felt happy when he did that. 

"You single or," she asked. Harry sighed again and looked at me before he looked over at her.

"Yeah."

I decided to ease myself out of their conversation and looked out at the dance floor to find Jace. I craned my neck a bit here and there and my heart dropped when I did find him.

He was grinding on some blonde girl with their hands all over each other. A lazy smile was on his face as he danced and he looked like he was having the time of his life. I couldn't believe it. 

Not just yesterday he was kissing me and telling me he wanted to try a relationship with me and here he was, grinding it up with blondie. 

I held the drink in my hand tightly as I watched them, hurt and anger flooding through me. 

I looked over to Harry to tell him but was taken aback when I saw how close the ginger and him were. She was leaning on him and whispering in his ear as he smirked lazily and nodded at something she said. 

I felt anger at this entire situation. I was the one trying to make things good between us all, and here I was being disregarded by both my potential boyfriend and best friend. I felt like usual; alone and in the shadows, but I didn't want to be here while they spent their nights getting laid. 

So I left.

"Violet?" Harry said, as I walked away.

I shook my head and moved through the sweaty bodies, ignoring Harry's fading voice as I walked through the crowd and out into the cold air. 

I hate this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm FaceTiming with jkharrystyles rn. ehehehehehe

She told me to put a comment goal.

So Comment Goal: 30???? 

HAVE A GOOD HALLOWEEN!

S.