8

Harry's POV

I wasn't sure what Niall and Dave were getting at when they kept hounding Violet with questions about who she liked. I mean, it did make me a bit jealous that they knew and I didn't but I was...okay nonetheless. 

I mean, I never told her about Bella and I until recently so, I wouldn't blame her. 

I shrugged to myself as I sat in my bedroom and watched TV. 

Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Bella: hey baby. :) Did you buy the dress yet.

I sighed as I picked up the phone, suddenly remembering the responsibilities that I had back in London where reality was.

Me: not yet, love. I'm still in Holmes Chapel. 

Bella: :( 

I sighed as I put my phone away. I bit my lip as I thought about what Niall and Dave said.

Was Bella only with me for my money? I mean, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised. She does ask for a lot, but I mean, I would think she makes up for it by the way she treats me and how much we hang out. 

Or the way she treats your dick.

I shook my head and sighed as I climbed out of bed. I walked towards my window and stretched my arms out, involuntarily opening my mouth lazily as a yawn sounded. I let out an exhausted breath and looked to the phone sitting on my bed. I bit my lip as I walked over and pressed the Call button on a familiar name. 

After about two rings, she picked up.

"Harry?" Vi asked. 

"Hey," I said, suddenly unsure of why I had called her in the first place. Silence sat between us, like a looming ghost as we waited for the other to speak.

"Is there something you'd like to say?" she chuckled. 

"Huh? Oh, uh...yeah, would you like to maybe go on a walk with me?" I found myself asking as I sat down on my bed, "I mean, I don't know..I'm feeling up for a casual walk around town."

"Oh uh," she said. I heard shuffling come from her end followed by a thud and her swearing. I smiled to myself as I shook my head.

"Sure," she finally said, "wanna meet at the Bakery? Say, ten minutes."

I nodded, seemingly oblivious to the fact that she couldn't see me, "sure."

~

I stood outside in the cool breeze, hands tucked into my pockets with my sunglasses on as I waited. I hummed as I milled about the front doors of the Bakery, not wanting to go inside without her. It wouldn't seem right, anyways. Most of our memories were made in this store anyways.

Like that time I threw flour all over her when we were on break, or the time we decorated cookies and I drew a penis on hers as a joke. Or the time when-

"Hey."

I turned around to find Violet walking towards me with a small smile on her face. Her hair was tied back in a simple ponytail and she looked somewhat shy. I tried not to smile to myself as I took note of how beautiful she looked. 

I then frowned because I had no idea why I wanted to smile in the first place.

"Why the long face?" she asked, pulling me out of my trance. I looked at her brown eyes and let out a breath.

"Nothing," I smiled, "just thinking."

She kept a small smile on her face as she furrowed her eyebrows. She shifted on both of her feet and nodded before she looked at the Bakery and smiled.