Consideration.°•

Phiona

Jasmine had fallen asleep on the sofa towards the very late evening and beginning of the night. I covered her with a blanket, making sure she was comfortable and all snug. For a while I found myself just sitting at the end of the couch, watching her sleep. She has been through so much in all of her thirteen years of life. I couldn't believe the things that our mother had done to her. It's so much to take in, but I'm truly glad that I could be here for her. At one point she had almost been in my position, our mom almost gave her up just like she actually did to me. She instead kept her, using her for many of other things. A number of things, that a mother shouldn't be doing in order to so call "take care of her child." Jasmine has witnessed so much, which gave away how smart she is considering that she had to grow up kind of quick like I did. You can still see the kid in her, like one would see the kid in any thirteen year old. She's precious and sweet, just like all of the other kids are to me. I'll never let any of my siblings perish into this world. I'll never leave them to be by themselves. Although they're in an orphanage, at least there's nothing in my heart telling me to give up on them. I love them so much and they deserve to pursue their dreams just as much as any other child. No matter what those dreams or thoughts may be, I just want to see them happy and not hurting. No child deserves to be hurt.

I hope they're all doing okay in that orphanage. I know little Tyson may be scared, but I had faith that he would not let his own hopes of living with a good family go. Even if it's with Jacob and I, I want him to keep dreaming that he'll be loved just as much as Mama Claudia and I love him. As for the twins, Kyle and Kendrick, I already know they're schooling anybody who has anything rude to say to them. It's not that their smart aleck's, it's simply that they're smart and they're not going to let people's unknown knowledge about them or the other kids fly. If anything, as sweet as they are, I know they're probably helping many other kids with their minds and self esteem. They've always been the ones to assure people that they can do something as long as they're confident in their actions. I remember them telling me many of times that I was beautiful and that someone would love me the way I should be loved. They were indeed right, and I knew before Jacob came along, that I was wrong to have ever doubted their considerate thoughts.

April is an entire different story, she has always been outspoken but it's something I've loved about her since the day we started getting along. She's smart too, and the advice she'd give others had always been pure because she didn't want to see anyone fail. I know right now she's probably being very hard on herself considering her actions. She's pregnant, but that's okay because things happen everyday, we get caught up and at times we don't think. I know she'll make the right decisions when it comes to her baby. She'll never let anyone she loves go without, as young as she is. April has the mind of a mother already, she's a great sister and friend to everyone she encounters. Her heart is so whole, it's like no one could ever take that from her. She's careful, but is willing to give someone a chance to explain themselves even if it's herself. I couldn't be more proud of all of them. These kids had somewhere to go in their lives, I just know they will not have to struggle any longer when it comes to being somewhere they don't want to be. Resilience should keep their minds cleared of giving up.

Jacob walked into the living room as I sat there with Jasmine as she slept. He sat on the floor in front of me, in between my legs, letting his head rest against my stomach. He closed his eyes, placing both of his muscular arms on each of my thighs, as if to prop himself up. The back of him faced me, and I just let him sit in my hold.

"Are you okay Jacob?" I asked, beginning to rub his shoulders, feeling the intensity of tightness that bounded his muscles together.

"Yeah, I'm fine Phiona." He said, tiredly.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I continued to rub into his shoulders, things began to loosen as he let himself relax. I couldn't believe how tense he is, it's like he wasn't telling me something. When it came to something deep that pondered Jacob's mind, he stayed quiet for days if the problem were to be heavy. This here, is one of those problems and I did not want him keeping his burdens from me. I slightly rubbed towards his neck as he let himself slip into the luxury of comfort. I tilted his chin up, looking down at him in attempt to get him to look at me. My hands wondered to the front of his neck, and down his chest, completing my process of getting him to relax. I then placed my hands in his hair and kisses the side of his face.