Bail.°•

Phiona

After saying so, Eric and I got into my truck. Also buckling Jonah in his car seat. I sat in the passenger's seat, letting Eric drive. I sat there as I stared out of the window, Eric began a conversation.

"So what made you want to get him out like this instead of letting him earn the right himself?" Eric asked.

"Well, I realized through time he has always helped me. It's time to give back." I said.

"That's very sweet Phiona, he's quite lucky to have you sweetheart." Eric said.

I smiled softly.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. So what's been going on with Danielle? I haven't heard from her beautiful self in a moment." Eric said.

"Uhm, she's fine. Still dancing at the club I guess." I said.

"Why?" Eric asked.

"I don't know, ask her." I said, a bit rudely.

Eric accidentally jerked the stirring wheel as he stopped at a red light.

"S-sorry," he stuttered. "Should I talk to her?" Eric asked.

"Sure, if you'd like." I said calmly.

"Did anything happen between the two of you?" He asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it." I said, lowly.

"You can tell me anything Phiona." Eric said.

I shook my head, not wanting to tell him why I wasn't associating with one of my best friends at the moment. It felt too heavy on me yet I feel like it'd be a relief if someone else knew the faults she was holding over my head. I sighed softly and looked at Eric. His eyes powerfully staring into the depths of my being. I blinked as my mouth slightly grew ajar, ready for me to speak.

"She's the reason Khleo knows so much about me and my personal life." I said.

"Are you serious?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, the day Khleo saw you walking me home he grew eager to learn more about me so he called Danielle into his office and asked her a ton of questions." I explained.

"Why you?" Eric asked.

"I don't know." I said softly, growing shy of myself.

"He likes you?" Eric asked.

I nodded.

"Figures doesn't it?" Eric asked.

"Yeah. I'm just so glad that I quit and I'm away from him." I said.

"Good, I'm proud of you for doing that much." Eric said.

I smiled and leaned over for a quick hug. He deserved it more than anything. I slumped back into my seat and kept my eyes forward. Just to focus on everything I wanted to say to Jacob. I began thinking back on Danielle as well, I still can't believe she told him all about me without my permission first. I should've known it was bound to happen.

I thought about why I even left and never truly said goodbye to any of the other girls. I had to admit, Justine was my definite favorite. She was genuinely true to her child, only trying to take care of her but I knew that she couldn't have been being paid enough. Khleo rarely sent her out, which wasn't fair but it seemed to her that it was just fine, considering that she didn't want to be showing her body anyhow.

I didn't neither but I bet half of the men in this town have gazed at it. It's all of my fault, letting someone influence me into something such as that. I've never been this terrible, and a lot lately I've only been disappointed in myself. I haven't been happy with my actions, but I believe helping my beloved out of this situation would give me a sense of relief of all my worries.