Bundle.°•

Jacob

"Ahhh!" Phiona screamed in pain.

I held on to her hand as she cried. It was hard watching her go through this really. I hated to see her cry although this situation was meant for it. I kissed her forehead as I watched and felt her fragile, small and curvaceous body heat up and drain out sweat. I knew this was putting a strain on her.

"How much more!?" Phiona yelled.

"One more push Phiona." The doctor and I said in unison.

She breathed deeply before she took her last push. Soon enough, we heard small cries from our baby boy. He was quite chubby yet small as I looked at him. Phiona sniffles as she is getting cleaned up, and as she watches our son get cleaned up as well.

"He's so adorable. May I hold him?" Phiona asked. The nurse handed our son to Phiona.

She held him, as a baby should be held in her arms. He had calmed down on crying and closed his eyes. I hadn't cried in so long, but today was a day I cried. Seeing something that once had been called a mistake, was now a true miracle to us. He was ours to love, care for, and live for.

"What do you want to name him?" I asked Phiona.

"Well, of course it will be a mixture between yours and my name. Does Jonah sound acceptable?" Phiona asked.

"Of course and his middle name?" I asked.

"How about Jonah Maurice?" Phiona asked.

"Perfect." I said with a slight smile. She smiled as well and let me hold him. He looked just like us. Our light brown complexions were mixed into him, as well as Phiona's head full of curls.

"Thanks for being here Jacob." Phiona sighed.

"It's my job." I whispered, whilst rocking our baby boy Jonah.

"I love you." Phiona whispered, drifting off.

"I love you too. Get some rest love." I whispered.

By the time I had said that, Phiona was sound asleep. The nurses took Jonah away for a bit. I sat down in a chair beside Phiona's hospital bed. I was the only one here for her today...not even our adoptive family came. We knew Phiona's foster siblings wanted to come though, but oddly couldn't.

I found it stupid for whatever reason the Roberts wanted to hog them away from Phiona. She knows those kids better than anybody and as our son grows up, she'll know him just as good. Hopefully, I will too. Now that he's born, we quickly have to figure out what's next. Honestly, I'm ready to get out of that house. I know exactly what I'm doing now so everything's easy.

It's only Phiona that I'm worried about truly. If she'll find a job, if she's gonna feel safe working. There's just a lot that we need but yet I know we can get it. No matter what we have to do. I'm okay with it, only thing I ask for though is, to not let anyone interfere with us and our mini family.

I eventually felt myself falling asleep. But I opened my eyes and looked to Phiona. She looked so peaceful, I could kiss her over and over again. I suddenly heard the door open and in came six guest.

Danielle, Eric, April, Kendrick, Kyle, and Tyson. Phiona's only friend, and one of my new friends. Since Phiona was still sleeping I had to keep them quiet. Although Jonah was brought back into the room, I didn't let anyone touch nor bother him; only look. Of course, they wanted to hold him but for caution purposes I kept him in his little bed.

I kissed his forehead, fixing his light blue blanket on him. He was our bundle of joy. A perfect gift.

"Congratulations Jacob, we're happy for you." April said.