xxi.

"You promised," Brendon said, trying to grit his teeth and folding his arms over his chest as he stands at the end of the bed, staring at Ryan's naked form lying on top of the sheets. "In fact, you said we could the day after my birthday, and it never happened."

Ryan smiles, utter amusement in his expression. He loves it when Brendon tries to be angry at him. 

"It isn't funny!" Brendon shouts, holding back his own fits of laughter and dropping his arms to his sides. 

They've been married for a month now and they couldn't love the married life anymore than they already do. It's the same, really, as before they got married. Living together, sleeping together, doing everything together. Now they both of rings on their fingers and a piece of paper stating that they're bound together in the eyes of the law. Nothing special.

"You're just being impatient," Ryan says with a grin. "C'mere."

Brendon shakes his head. "No, because I know you're going to try and top and I want to top."

"Oh my god," Ryan laughs, his head rolling into the pillow. "You're acting like a little kid fighting over some toys."

Brendon glares at his husband, chewing on the inside of his cheek. Ryan's still grinning at him, the amusement in his eyes obvious.

"I'll show you," Brendon mutters to himself, and Ryan arches an eyebrow. Brendon gets on the bed and just when Ryan is about to get up for Brendon to lie down beneath him, Brendon takes Ryan's wrists, pinning them above his head and nudging Ryan's legs apart with his knee. Ryan's breathing hitches noticeably.

"What -"

"You think that since I'm younger than you that I don't know how to take control," Brendon growls, and Ryan's eyes are widened, his mouth slightly agape. "You promised, and I'm holding you to it."

"Promises are meant to be broken," Ryan says, a hint of hurt in his tone. Brendon's expression softens. "Remember?"

Ryan attempts to flip them but has no luck. Brendon's stronger than he thought.

"Don't quote me on something from then. I don't wanna relive that, so just. Don't."

They're eyes stay on each other like hawks.

"Have you ever even bottomed before?" Ryan's never stated whether or not he's bottomed and Brendon is extra curious now. Ryan's cheeks flush pink and Brendon smirks. "You have," he says, and Ryan groans.

"Okay, yeah, I did. One time," Ryan has to make sure to mention that it was only once that he did that because he thinks it's important. "It was a long time ago. I wasn't even twenty yet."

Brendon hums, letting go of Ryan's wrists and sitting on the backs of his thighs between Ryan's legs. Brendon's hands softly caress the inside of Ryan's thighs, moving up and down, inching closer to Ryan's crotch each time he moves up.

"Did you like?" Brendon now asks, voice hot and seductive. Ryan sees that Brendon's not looking at him, instead Brendon's focused his eyes on Ryan's hardened cock, tilting upward and to the right. Ryan's cock involuntarily twitches and the corner of Brendon's mouth quirks upward. "Did you like it as much as I like it?"

Ryan swallows a lump in his throat. "Maybe not as much as you do," he says, eyeing the way Brendon watches him, hungry and full of want. 

Brendon's fingers curl around Ryan's length and Ryan takes in a sharp breath, his eyelids slipping shut for a moment. The movements are slow and gentle, and Brendon even cups Ryan's balls with the same hand before he does the upstroke again.