xx.

Brendon joins Ryan in the bathroom, and he's got the jets on in the jacuzzi tub, making more bubbles

"Is it hot?" Brendon asks, sticking his hand down in the water. "Perfect. Ry, turn the water off."

"It's not even full yet," Ryan argues, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Remember what happened last time?" Ryan acts like he's thinking, trying to remember what happened the last time they got in the tub together. He remembers it very well because as soon as both of them sat down, the water and bubbles overflowed and flooded the floor. "I'm not cleaning it up again, you can do it."

"Okay, fine." Ryan turns off the faucet and Brendon steps over the side and gets in, immediately sinking into the water. Ryan lights the candles that Brendon bought a few days ago, turns the light off in the bathroom, and he closes the door, stopping the light from the bedroom from spilling through. He joins Brendon in the bathtub, sitting in front of him and putting his hands on Brendon's hips, bringing him closer. "Turn around," he says quietly, and Brendon turns so that his back pressed against Ryan's chest.

Brendon leans his head back on Ryan's shoulder and he hums contentedly. Ryan laces their fingers together and places them over Brendon's stomach and he leans his head against Brendon's.

"I hope you had fun today," Ryan says, and kisses the side of Brendon's head. "and I'm sorry if I went a little overboard with everything. I had a bunch of ideas in my head of things to do but I wasn't sure if any of them would have been good enough."

"You could have took me for a drive down the road and I would have had an amazing time," Ryan laughs at him and holds him a little tighter.

"See, I can't help but feel like you're just saying that because you don't want me to do nice things for you."

Brendon closes his eyes and turns his head so his lips are on Ryan's jaw line. He places a gentle kiss there and breathes in Ryan's scent.

"That's part of the reason, I'll be honest, but I'm also being honest when I say I'd rather just spend time with you. You don't need to buy me things just to make me happy. You make me happy." Ryan hums and Brendon moves away from him, turning carefully in the tub to straddle Ryan's lap. "I love you," he says, his voice low and his eyes lower. "Can we switch tonight?"

Ryan raises an eyebrow and grips Brendon's hips.

"But I wanted to take it slow and -"

"That doesn't mean I can't do it slow," Brendon says, trying to prove a point. "Please baby, let's just try it."

"Bren-"

"It would be the best birthday gift ever," he's pulling the guilt card and Ryan knows that. "Are you just afraid that I'll hurt you?" Brendon asks seductively, grinding himself on top of Ryan.

Ryan chokes back a groan.

"No," he says, leaning in and attacking Brendon's neck, his hands leaving Brendon's hips and gripping his ass, pulling his cheeks apart. "I just really love fucking you."