xix

To Ryan's surprise, the house was only one hundred seventy five thousand dollars

To Ryan's surprise, the house was only one hundred seventy five thousand dollars. It was a few cities over, and it would require a further drive for both of them to get to work, but it was worth it. Brendon loved the house, that's all he talked about for a week until they got to view it. Brendon even put off getting married so they could look at it before anyone else had the chance to put an offer on it. 

Ryan slowly pulls up to the house and into the driveway. There's a car parked in front of them, further up the driveway.

"I think I'm in love," Brendon says, staring in awe at the house.

It's a two story house, made of brick, and the porch wraps around all the way. The yard is covered in a thin layer of snow, and the trees look beautiful with their snow covered branches.

"It looks nice," Ryan says, and they get out of the car and make their way to the porch.

The door opens before Ryan gets the chance to knock and the woman inside opens the door, a bright smile on her face.

"You must be Mr. Ross," she grins and shakes Ryan's hand.

"Call me Ryan," he shakes the woman's hand and smiles back. "This is my fiance, Brendon."

Brendon smiles happily and they walk inside, where Brendon falls even more in love with the house.

"My name's Vivian, we spoke on the phone." She introduces herself and they stop in the small foyer, which opens up into the living room. 

"It's so much nicer than the pictures," Brendon says, looking around at everything.

To the left is the entrance to a small den, and Ryan gets the idea of making that into an office area or something, but Brendon suggested that if they do have kids, then it could be a play room. It'd be perfect for toys and whatnot. There are white French doors that are opened, and they walk inside of the room.

"We could put carpet down in here if we have kids," Brendon says aloud, and Ryan raises an eyebrow. "That way they wouldn't be too uncomfortable if they sat on the floor."

"How many kids did you plan on having?" Brendon smiles to himself and begins walking out of the room. "And carpet would be a bad idea if we have kids. They could spill something and it'll stain the carpet, which will cost more money to clean it or replace it. We could put fluffy rugs down instead."

"I'm sorry, how many kids are we having?" Brendon mocks, turning his head briefly to smirk at Ryan.

There's another opening to den, which leads into the kitchen.

Brendon keeps mumbling things to himself, in complete awe at the size of this kitchen.

"Ryan, pinch me," Ryan walks over to Brendon and pinches his arm.

"Ow, I didn't think you'd actually do it," Brendon says, rubbing the spot on his arm. Ryan grins and shrugs his shoulder.

"Everything in here is brand new," Vivian says. Brendon sees papers lying on the counter top, probably the papers they need to fill out to get the house. "The dishwasher comes with the house. Obviously you would just need to have your own refrigerator and stove."