x.

Ryan stalked Brendon's Instagram for the next week and a half or so and Brendon was posting a lot more photos than he normally would. Maybe it was because he really enjoyed the app, or maybe it was because he loved that Ryan liked his photos not even a minute after he'd post them.

His followers began to grow and he didn't know why. Emily definitely wasn't going to tell him that she'd been telling sending Brendon's username to people that she knew, telling them to follow Brendon. 

Brendon still only followed Emily and Ryan. He didn't know the other people so he never followed them back.

After Ryan reacted so fast to the first photo Brendon posted of himself, well the first real photo, he began to post more photos of himself.

He went as far as buying one of those selfie sticks so he could take more dramatic photos of himself.

Ryan loved the photos. Absolutely loved them. But the only thing he was disappointed with was that Brendon never looked at the camera. He always kept his gaze away from the lens and Ryan wished he'd just look into the camera for once. He thought that if Brendon looked into the camera, then he'd be looking right at him. That Brendon would purposely take the photo just for Ryan. 

Neither one of them had enough courage to message the other.

Ryan wanted to, so so badly. He has so many questions and he needs answers. He's still so confused about what the hell had even happened.

Brendon however, he was too embarrassed. Scared. Nervous and anxious. He wanted to talk to Ryan. He wanted to tell him how sorry he is that he left without a proper goodbye, that he wished he wouldn't have left at all. He wants to know if Ryan went out looking for him or if he stayed home and did nothing.

Brendon sighs to himself and places his phone back in his pocket. 

His break is over and he has to get back to work.

He was working the register today, but he'd much rather be working with the animals.

He was helping a customer when the bell on the door rang, signaling that someone had just entered the store.

The older woman he was helping was being a pain in the ass, honestly, but he kept his cool and faked his smile.

"I can help you carry this out if you want." Brendon told her, to which she waved a hand at him.

"I can do it myself." She said with an attitude. Brendon wanted to call her out and tell her to take her attitude somewhere else, and it instantly reminded him of what Ryan told him the night before he left.

"If you wanna change, you can start with changing your attitude."

Brendon forces down the lump in his throat and tries his hardest at keeping his eyes from tearing up.

This happens a lot, no matter where he is or what he's doing.

Thoughts of him and Ryan will pop into his head and he finds himself trying to hold back tears.

"Sorry." Brendon said, mostly to himself, and mostly to Ryan. If only Ryan could hear him. If only he could go back to that time and take back everything he'd said and done, preventing that whole situation from even happening.

It was so fucking stupid. Over nothing.

Ryan was upset about something and Brendon just wanted to know what was wrong with him, what was on his mind. Brendon hates himself for it. For everything.

"Excuse me, could you help me with this?" The old woman says to another employee.

Brendon lowers his eyes at her and the woman doesn't even look at him. Brendon knows he's going to get an ear full about not offering help to her, although he did and he got scolded for it by non other than the old hag herself.