ii.

Brendon woke up to an almost dead phone and about a million texts messages and missed calls from him parents and Spencer, asking where the hell he is and that he's grounded when he gets home. He groans and rubs his hands over his face, wiping the sleep from his eyes. When he gets out of bed, he pulls his jeans and shirt back on and goes into the living room once he's made sure he has his things. Not that he had much.

Ryan is sitting on the couch with the TV on and Brendon clears his throat, making Ryan turn his head. A smirk forms on Ryan's lips and he turns back to the TV.

"Morning." Ryan says, and Brendon shivers at the way his voice sounds. He must have just woken up as well.

"Good morning." Brendon replies, rounding the back of the couch and sitting on the opposite end of it. "So were you taking me home today?" He asks nervously. 

"That's the plan." Ryan yawns and stretches his arms over his head. "Are you ready to go or something?"

Brendon looks to the TV. The news is on, showing what the weather is supposed to be like for the day there in Connecticut. He then looks down at his lap and fidgeting thumbs.

"Actually," he says with a shaky voice, not sure how to put the words for what he's about to say. "um. I was thinking maybe you could take me home to get some of my things, and then come back here?"

Ryan instantly raises and eyebrow and Brendon regrets making eye contact with him when he notices it. 

"What?"

"Well, you know how last night I told you that my parents are really accepting of me? And they don't care for me much. So I was wondering if I could maybe stay here? For a little while. If that's okay with you." When Ryan doesn't reply as fast as Brendon would like, he shrugs and tries to laugh it off. "It's fine if you don't want to, I know we don't know -"

"Why?" Ryan asks.

"Why what?"

Ryan sits up and leans forward, letting his arms rest on his thighs.

"Why do you wanna stay here? You don't know me." 

Brendon swallows the lump in his throat.

"I know, but you seem like a nice guy. And I could get a job or something, help out with whatever I use here and eventually try to find an apartment." Ryan hums and keeps his eyes on the boy who he brought home last night. Brendon looks away and shakes his head. "I just don't wanna go home." He says sadly, his voice cracking.

He suddenly stands up and sighs, walking toward the small foyer.

"I'll just be outside when you're ready."

Brendon goes outside and sits on the top step of the porch, mentally kicking himself in the ass for asking such a stupid question. Who in their right mind would let a kid live with them? A kid who they don't even know. And what will happen if, or when, Ryan finds out he's really sixteen and not eighteen? He could get in a lot of trouble for that. Some could even say he kidnapped Brendon, and Ryan would go to prison. That would be bad and Brendon feels like a shitty person just thinking about it.

Minutes later Ryan comes outside, dressed in another pair of black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt with converse on his feet. Brendon stands up and moves out of the way for Ryan to descend the stairs. Ryan approaches his motorcycle, puts his hands on the handlebars and kicks the kickstand back, proceeding to move it down the driveway in the back of the house. Brendon furrows his eyebrows as he watches and then he hears a car being started. The burgundy colored car comes into view and, the passenger side facing Brendon. He sees Ryan through the window, motioning for him to get in.