vi.

"I think I should go back home

"I think I should go back home." Brendon says quietly against Ryan's shoulder. Ryan shifts himself so he can look down at Brendon.

"What?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "Why?"

Brendon sighs and rolls onto his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Just for a little while." Brendon doesn't want to leave Connecticut. He doesn't want to leave Ryan. "Just so they'll stop looking for me and then I can leave again. I'll leave a note this time and tell them not to look for me. I'll leave my phone there too so they can't call."

"How am I supposed to get a hold of you when you leave if you don't have your phone?" Brendon shrugs and sighs. "I'll go to a payphone."

Ryan stares blankly at Brendon.

"There are no more payphones Brendon." Ryan can't help but laugh, which makes Brendon smile. "I'll get you a phone, but you can't give the number to anyone. Not even your friends." 

Brendon turns back onto his side and wraps his arm and leg around Ryan. They're still naked from the night before and neither one of them have bothered to get out of bed, considering it's almost noon.

"I don't want you to leave." Ryan says, pressing a kiss to Brendon's forehead. The words remind Brendon of the day he and Ryan were arguing about his age, and Ryan said he didn't want Brendon to leave. Brendon holds Ryan a little tighter.

"It'll only be for a little while." Brendon assures him, although he isn't so sure about it. Who knows what will happen when he gets home.

His parents might bar the windows and put new locks on the doors. There could be cops waiting outside of his parents house just in case he tries to leave again. Brendon tries to push the though aside but he's not having much luck with it.

-

"You're absolutely sure about this?" They're sitting in the driveway in Ryan's car and Ryan doesn't want to start it. 

Brendon looks over at him, an unsure expression on his face, but he smiles and nods. Ryan sighs and looks out the windshield, starting the car and pulling away from the house that he hopes Brendon comes back to. Brendon made sure to write down the address so he can find his way back when he leaves. Part of him wants to call Ryan as soon as he's ready to leave, but the other half wants to surprise him. He just doesn't know how he's supposed to do that.

Ryan went out earlier this afternoon and bought Brendon a new phone and programmed his number into it. He made Brendon take a picture with him so Brendon would have a picture of him while he's gone.

The drive back to New York goes by quickly and Brendon and Ryan both are disappointed because now they have to separate. Ryan parks on the side of the road where he waited for Brendon the last time.

Brendon turns to Ryan and wraps his arms around his neck, beginning to sob on his shoulder.

"Hey," Ryan says, trying to sound comforting. "everything will be fine. I'll be waiting at home for you to call me to pick you up." Brendon loves the way that sounds. At home. He can't wait to go back there.