xvii.

I think I'm gonna end this soon. Get it to 20 chapters and then an epilogue. I lost interest in it.

& I might skip to certain times cause idk what to write in this anymore. 

---

Skipping to Valentine's Day

Ryan got a ride to work today so Brendon could use the car to run whatever errands he told Ryan he had.

The only errands Brendon had were running to the grocery store to get things for his pot roast dinner, something to make for dessert, and a gift for Ryan.

Brendon and Ryan never spent Valentine's Day together, and Brendon isn't even sure that Ryan celebrates the holiday, but he planned something anyway.

The roast is in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery, and Brendon is currently working on making dessert, which is only fudge brownies and chocolate covered strawberries. Brendon found a heart shaped tray and decided to place the strawberries on it with the brownies in the middle. 

He's got Ryan's gift in a small red bag that is decorated in white and pink hearts and says love all over it, and the card is leaning against the bag which is placed neatly on the counter for Ryan to see when he comes home.

"Shit," Brendon mutters to himself when he looks at the time. Ryan should be home soon and he hasn't showered yet.

He hurries to the bathroom and gets in the shower, making it the fastest shower of his life probably, and he dresses himself in a pair of black skinny jeans and a black button up long sleeved shirt with a red tie that he found in Ryan's drawer. He fixes his hair perfectly and just as he's walking back into the kitchen, he hears a car engine and a door closing. He smiles to himself and hurries into the kitchen. 

The car drives away and Brendon can hear the front door opening. His heart is racing all of a sudden. Maybe because this is the first Valentine's day they'll spend together.

"Bren, I'm home." Ryan calls out. "What are you making? It smells good."

Ryan walks into the kitchen, and Brendon is bent over, placing the tray of chocolate covered strawberries and brownies into the refrigerator. He stands up and turns around, letting the door close.

When he sees Ryan, he smiles wide.

Ryan holds his hand out, offering Brendon the red roses with a somewhat nervous smile on his face.

"Awh! Babe, you didn't have to do that." Brendon walks over to Ryan, taking the roses from him and smelling them. "Thank you."

Ryan leans in and catches Brendon's lips with his.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Ryan says softly. "Seriously though, what're you making? It smells amazing."

"Pot roast," Brendon answers, putting the roses down on the counter next to Ryan's gift so he can look for a vase. He knows Ryan has one somewhere. He used it that one time when they had a fight and Ryan made dinner for them. "I also made dessert. It's in the fridge." Brendon finds the vase and fills it with water.

"What's this?" Ryan now asks, and Brendon turns around to see him standing in front of the counter where he placed Ryan's gift.

"Your Valentine's Day present."

"Brendon, you didn't need to get me anything." Ryan says, now feeling terrible that Brendon spent his money on him.

"I wanted to," Brendon smiles genuinely and he picks up the roses, removing them from the package and he places them in the vase and sets them on the table. "I think you'll like it."