Future | Peter Parker (AG)

double upload! and some much wanted andrew!peter. like i said, i will write for all peter parker actors - i just write whatever is requested :)

this is an older!peter x reader btw. i loved this. i love writing married couples/couples with kids because i want to be a wife and a mom sooo bad haha. so if y'all want more older!peter or even older!ned x reader, i'm all for writing more of these! just request 'em :)))

requested by fiffyshadow

//

You sipped your cup of decaf coffee and stood by the window. You wished you could have caffeine, but Peter had banned it from the two bedroom apartment you both lived in after the pregnancy tests came positive. 

And so all of your dark roast coffee was replaced with cans of decaf, which did little to keep you up while Peter was out all night as Spider-Man. You hoped that the bitter black in your hands could trick your mind into thinking it was filling your veins with buzzing energy. 

You rubbed the round of your tummy, covered with the night gown stretched over you. You would have to shop for bigger sizes soon. The thought of it warmed your heart. You were getting bigger by the day, your body stretching and making room for the little baby that was growing inside of you. You smiled to yourself and sipped your coffee.

The clock ticked by midnight slowly. You hummed happily as the silhouette of Peter appeared on the fire escape. You helped him open it. His face, unmasked, popped in. His hair was wet with rain. He smiled adoringly at you and stuck one leg inside. He had been coming in after rounds around New York as Spider-Man through the window since he married you two years ago. 

"Babe, I can get the window up by myself," he said, stepping in all of the way. He slid it down and turned the locks, then shut the blinds and drew the curtains. He reached down and kissed your head. 

"I know," you said. 

"You don't want to strain yourself," he said softly, hand touching your hair. 

You hummed and tilted your head up, closing your eyes as his lips brushed across your forehead. "I know." You put your hands on his chest, on the spider emblem at the center. "How was it out there?"

He shrugged. "Fine." He stepped away and walked towards the bedroom you both shared. You followed, helping him shrug out of his suit. He went to his drawers and pulled a grey t-shirt out. You leaned against the door frame. 

"You okay, honey?" you asked. 

He nodded, looking at you and pursing his lips. "Yeah, yeah. I was just thinking about what I'm going to do when the baby comes."

You furrowed your eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

He looked at the suit in his hands and shrugged. "What am I going to do about Spider-Man?" he asked softly. 

"Do you... do you think you want to give it up?"

"I don't know," he said, looking at you and shrugging. "I just... I don't know."

You frowned and crossed your arms over your stomach. "Well, Peter... you have time. The baby doesn't come for another four months."

"That's shorter than you think," he mumbled. 

"I'm trying to help you feel better, honey," you sighed. You waddled over to the bed. You were only five months pregnant, but your baby was pretty big. Your stomach was big enough to look like you were further along than you were. You lowered yourself down on the bed and took a deep breath. 

"What should I do?" he asked. 

"Well," you said. "You know how I feel about what you do. But you know that I want you to be happy always. If you need Spider-Man to be happy, then be Spider-Man. Just remember that Peter Parker is more important to our family."

He nodded. "Thing is... babe," he said, walking to you. He sat down on the bed next to you and touched your arm. "Babe, you and this baby are it for me. I'm Spider-Man because of you two, now. It used to be for the city, but now it's us. You and me and our baby are it." He grabbed your hands and squeezed them. "But if I stop being Spider-Man, if I leave this city to fend for itself... that would make me a bad guy. Wouldn't it?"

"I don't think so," you said. "You're not obligated to protect them. This city went without a Spider-Man before, and they can again. I know it'll be hard. But honey... you can slow down for a while. You don't need to stop forever."

He nodded, eyes flickering down to your bump that was stretching the front of your gown. He smiled as he saw it move; the baby was kicking. 

"Is he moving?"

"Uh-huh," you said. You brought his hand to your bump and laid it flat there. The baby fluttered inside, responding to the touch of his father. "Talk to him, babe. He loves that." 

Peter grinned and you scooted back to the pillows. Peter helped fluff them behind you, getting you comfortable. He laid down on his side, propped up on his elbow. He touched your belly again and put his lips close. 

"Hey, baby," he said softly. "Hey, Ben. It's your daddy." He kicked again. "Are you that excited to talk to me, kiddo? Well, I'm excited to talk to you, too. And I have something to tell you." He put his lips closer. "I'm Spider-Man."

You broke into laughter and smacked his head, ruffling the wild locks of brown hair. He peeked over your belly at you and laughed with you before stretching up to plant a kiss on your lips. He turned back to your stomach. 

"Hey kiddo, you can't tell anyone about that when you come out," he said. "It's sort of my biggest secret."

"You're a dork," you said to your husband. "And our son thinks so, too."

He laughed. "Oh, yeah?" He leaned up and kissed you again. "This dork was planning on making you some hot chocolate, but if you're going to be mean..."

"Okay, okay," you said. "I'm sorry."

He smiled. "Apology-" He kissed you. "Accepted." He crawled off the bed and shrugged his grey t-shirt on. "I'll be right back, babe."

"Okay," you said. "Don't forget extra marshmallows!"

"I wouldn't dare," he said. 

"I'll turn on a movie," you said. 

"Nothing too sad, okay?" he said. "Your crying is out of control." 

You stuck your tongue out at him. "Fine, Parker."

He laughed and walked out of the room, and you sat there for a moment, feeling the soft flutter of your baby inside of you, the sound of your husband's footsteps as he walked into the kitchen of the house you owned with him. 

Your life was everything you wanted. It was perfect - and it would stay that way, no matter what Peter chose for his future.