Ch.26: Time with the Devils - Prt.3

"Thank you for your assistance, L/N. I greatly appreciate it." Amagiri said as the female poured some tea into a cup and handed it to him.

"Please don't act as if I had a say in this, Mr. Amagiri." Y/N responded with a scoff.

It had been a couple of days -or was it weeks? Y/N couldn't really remember- since she had been abducted by the three devilish men. The same day that her and Shiranui began her 'lessons', she had been blessed with a calming warm bath. It wasn't as calming, though, once she got out and found that her boyish clothes were replaced by a Western dress. Corset and all.

It took a while of fighting, her wearing the dress without the corset, because honestly she'd be damned if she showed herself to Kazama in just a towel, but she at least got her bra she had been keeping since the beginning and her notebook that was written in a language the demons didn't know. As well as Kazama muttering 'I thought girls were supposed to be more grateful over pretty gifts', which of course got them into another fight.

The dress, Y/N supposed wasn't too bad. It was a beautiful shade of (F/C) with sleeves that ended at her wrists and the skirts covered her feet and were wide enough to at least allow her to get through a door without having Shiranui snickering at her. As well, even without the corset it made her stomach look flat, and with a diet of mostly rice and protein it wasn't too surprising that most of her baby fat from the time she first showed up was gone.

The dress had one gem stone at the area between her breasts, but besides that it wasn't flashy in any sort of way. And for that Y/N was thankful for, since she'd feel too out of place in something meant for a ball when she was stuck in a house with a bunch of demons.

Which, Y/N had found out, there were indeed other demons living in the building. They were a part of Kazama's clan, simply buzzing around and acting like servants who wouldn't meet Y/N's eyes or talk to her when they'd bring food to her room.

So the (H/C) foreigner was forced to interact with her three kidnappers, one of which she supposed she didn't hate too much. It then seemed she had annoyed the wrong demon, because soon Kazama had gotten fed up with her million-and-one questions and decided to put her to work.

Y/N didn't mind this, however, since they were pretty much the chores she had to do at the Shinsengumi headquarters. The only difference being she wasn't allowed outside, except for when Shiranui took her out for her lessons.

But if anyone asked, she despised the thought of serving demons.

"Yes, of course." Amagiri's agreement took Y/N out of her train of thoughts. "However, I wasn't talking about the tea."

"Oh?" Y/N raised an eyebrow at the red haired demon, the one she felt like she could tell anything to.

He reminded her a lot of her grandfather.

"I have never seen Kazama-san as lively as when he's with you." Amagiri pointed out. "That goes for Shiranui as well. It is like you have some sort of gift to rile them up and frazzle them."

"You mean people don't usually try and defy them?" Y/N questioned, earning a chuckle from the demon as a soft breeze blew at Y/N's hair that she had let down out of the boyish style. It was that rare moment she was allowed to enjoy the warmth of the sun as they sat on the front porch of the hideout.

"Yes, well that's certainly one of the cases. The both of them surely enjoy challenges." Amagiri commented, fondly taking a sip of his tea.

"And you don't?" Y/N curiously asked.

"When they're unnecessary, I attempt to avoid any conflicts." The older male declared.

"That sounds about right." Y/N chuckled.

"I think that's why they like you so much."

"Huh?!" Y/N stared at Amagiri, her eyes as big as saucers at his sudden declaration.

Amagiri smiled, a look that reached his ice blue eyes as he placed his cup on the tray that was placed between himself and the human girl. "You're not like other human females, and perhaps that's because you're from a different time period. However, because of that, you have caught the interest of both the Shinsengumi, Shiranui, and Kazama-san. Men, even devilish ones, enjoy the challenge of trying to gain what they can't have." He explained to the female, who seemed to be contemplating his words as she bit her lower lip and her eyebrows furrowed together. "Surely you must have known, L/N." He added afterwards, seeming a bit startled at the female human's reaction.

"I thought I could skirt around it if I could." Y/N finally admitted. "I didn't intend for it to happen, I never thought it would happen. No one has shown any interest in me for a long while, I had almost thought it would be impossible for anyone to be attracted to me. That's why I pushed people away. But for whatever reason, the Shinsengumi have broken through my walls and before I knew it..." She began to drift off.

"You've fallen for them too, haven't you?" Amagiri curiously pointed out.

Y/N smiled and shook her head. "I used to think it was just friendly adoration. But then, on that day..."

There was a pressure on the corner of her lips and a sweet voice whispered 'Take care, Y/N'. The female shuddered and exhaled. "I learned that I had done something I can't take back. I gave them my heart without even knowing it." She admitted.

Y/N then flinched when she felt a gentle pressure on the top of her head, and she slowly realized that Amagiri was patting her head.

"It will be alright, L/N. Everything will turn out alright." The devil insisted.

Y/N blinked owlishly, before she slowly nodded her head.