Ch.1: Meeting the Other Family

-Summer-Kyoto, Japan-20XX-
"He's late, as expected." Y/N grumbled, her arms crossed over her chest as her foot tapped impatiently against the concrete flooring of the airport lobby.
It had been four months since the tragic accident that Y/N had found herself back in (C/N). She had gotten out of the hospital two weeks before, having been stuck there with a torn muscle in her shoulder and various cuts that had healed in their own time. She had been living with her grandmother, whom was in an old-folks home and refused to let Y/N live on her own for the next few weeks before her father would bring her to live with him.
Now Y/N was in Kyoto, a place she had never wanted to visit in case she ran into said man who was now her fully legal guardian.
"Y/N!" An almost out of breath voice caused the glare she was pointing to anyone who stared at her weirdly to the (H/C) man who was running up to her with a wide grin. "It's so great to see you~!" The (Ethnicity) man exclaimed while hugging his oldest daughter.
"Yeah, ok Dad." Y/N calmly stated, pushing the man away.
It was obvious to those who had known the L/N family 9 years ago that the female got her looks from her father and her personality from her mother.
"Oh no, you're mad at me because I'm late, right?" The older male began to blubber, causing the (H/C) female to sweatdrop and look anywhere than at him. "I'm sorry my little dew drop!" He wailed.
"Don't call me that." Huffed Y/N.
"Oh, yes, sorry." The (H/C) grinned awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck, the crocodile tears having seized as he suddenly realized his mistake. This was not the same little girl he had left behind all those years ago. "But it is really good to see you, er, Y/N. Where's your bags? I'll carry them for you!" He smiled.
"I got them, just lead the way to the car." Y/N huffed.
"Oh, right!" Joseph L/N nodded his head, a bit too eagerly, before leading the way out of the airport, his beautiful daughter following behind him while carrying her luggage of needed items. Her other things had already been shipped to her new home about a week ago.
"Here it is!" Joseph proudly patted a large white van, which had a blue flowery design and in black cursive lettering was spelled 'Shinsengumi Tours'. "It belongs to Yuki." Joseph began to explain as Y/N put her things into the vacant seating.
"Oh I can't wait for you to finally meet her! Oh, Sato and Sumi too! They've been very excited ever since I told them that their big sister was coming to live with us! Kyo didn't seem too thrilled, but that's just how he always has acted since I met his mom. Mmm...I even had Yuki cook dumplings for dinner, you still like those don't you?" Joseph cheerfully chatted as he began to drive the van away from the airport.
"Dad." Y/N, who was sitting as far from him as she could while being in the passenger seat, began to speak. "Please stop." She murmured, her arms wrapped around her as if she was closing herself off into a ball.
"You're right." Joseph sighed, his cheerful attitude seeming to dull drastically. "I'm sorry I couldn't have come to get you back in (C/N), work has been hectic." He told her.
"Yeah, you always say that." Y/N sighed, curling up near the passenger door and staring out at the busy city streets of Kyoto.

___Quick Time Skip___
Y/N watched from the window while the city buildings paused as the van began to pull up to the gates of what could almost be described as an abandoned shrine, or at least one that resembled one in the animes that Y/N watched.
There weren't any cars in the large parking lot before the gate, except a black Honda, and there was a sign hung up on one of the old wooden poles that read the same as the name on the van, as well as different tour times throughout the day.
"What kind of place is this?" Y/N questioned as she followed her father past the gates and into a large courtyard.
"It's a museum of the old headquarters of the Shinsengumi, a type of police force back in the eighteen-hundreds." Joseph stated.
"Police force?" Y/N's (E/C) orbs began to have a kind of sparkle.
Joseph chuckled, remembering his daughter's interest since she had been younger. "That's almost all I know about them. You can always ask Yuki for more information since she owns the place." He told her.
"I see..." Y/N murmured, following him onto the old wooden deck, which creaked every time either L/N took a step.
Y/N was truly surprised by all the doors that they passed, seeing as the halls were like a maze that she knew she was going to get lost in.
"Here's your room, Yuki chose it specifically for you. She said the Shinsengumi Princess used to sleep in here." Joseph stated, almost boastfully about the kindness of his wife, as he slid open a door that overlooked the majority of a well kept garden.
The room was almost completely empty, besides the queen sized bed that had a mattress, a dresser, and the tons of boxes that had been shipped over. The room wasn't too large, but it wasn't cramped either.
"Cool." Y/N calmly replied, not seeming to care about this supposed princess.
"If you need anything else, don't be afraid to go get Yuki. She'll be in the kitchen cooking dinner, so just follow your nose. I've got to pick up the twins from their aunts, but I'll see you at supper." Joseph stated.
"Dad." Y/N called before Joseph could fully leave the room.
"Yes?" The older male looked back at her eagerly.
"Please shut the door on your way out." The (H/C) said, beginning to tie her (H/L) locks into a messy bun.
"R-right." Looking a bit dejected, Joseph slid the door closed, before going to pick up the others like he had said.
"Alright, let's get this over with." Y/N murmured, looking up at the pile of boxes that seemed to overshadow her.
Pulling out her phone from her back pocket, she placed her music on shuffle, before beginning to unpack.