Ch.21: Winter Wonderland

-A few days Later-Sake Restaurant-

"N/N, I heard the news. They say that you were a big help that day. And rumor has it that you managed to enchant each and every one of Shimabara's patrons." Okita teased that female as she took a bite of dango.

"That isn't true!" Y/N declined, waving her hand back and forth.

"No, it was, it was! You sure were cute." Shinpachi announced. "N/N, you were incredible! Right, Saito?" He grinned at the other male that sat across from Y/N.

Saito looked surprised when the question was asked, before a red hue decorated his cheeks and he took a sip of his sake. "Yeah." He agreed.

"Jeez, you guys need to stop teasing me! If you don't, I'll punch you!" Y/N threateningly scolded, a blush covering her features as she scowled at the three men, which caused Okita and Shinpachi to laugh.

"But I never expected Yamazaki to do something of that nature." Saito admitted, putting his cup down.

"What's this, Hajime-kun? What did he do?" Okita asked, confused.

"Oh, I heard about that!" Shinpachi grinned. "It was with this, right?" He asked, holding up a piece of a sardine mat.

"A sardine mat?" Okita still looked confused, and Y/N laughed softly at the remembrance of when Yamazaki flipped a mat at one of the perverts.

"Coming from Shinpachi, that was well done." Saito stated casually.

"What?! That 'coming from Shinpachi' part was uncalled for!" Shinpachi whined.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Okita admitted, before he scoffed. "Forget it. I'll personally ask the man in question once we get back." He said, pouting.

"N/N, don't hold back on our accounts. Stuff your face with all this good food!" Shinpachi told the small female.

Y/N scoffed. "I'm only holding back because there's plenty, so I don't have to fight with you or Heisuke over it." She explained.

"Right, right. And on top of that, this is on Shinpachi-san." Okita smirked.

"It is?" Shinpachi asked, surprised. "Well, I guess that's cool..." He opened up his wallet, before turning a pale complexion at its emptiness. "Saito...!" He looked at the other male desperately.

"Very well. Leave it to me." The blue haired male sighed.

"It's in your hands." Shinpachi smiled thankfully. "But our drinking tips to Shimabara aren't over for the winter yet. Itou-san has invited us to join him for that New Year's celebration, remember?" The bandana wearing male questioned Saito.

"Yeah." The other male nodded his head, and Y/N scowled at the mention of the stuck-up bastard.

"What's this? He failed to invite me." Okita spoke up, frowning.

"Well, that's probably because you'd leap for the chance to say, 'I'll kill you!'" Shinpachi teased, mimicking the green eyed samurai's usual saying.

Okita, in response, smirked and took a swig of his sake. "Yeah, and I would kill him, too." He agreed.

"I really don't like that guy." Y/N huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as the males looked at her. She knew what that man wanted, and for a moment her eyes flickered to Saito, as she knew what he was about to do. "Nothing good will ever come out of being with that guy." She insisted.

"Yeah, you said it!" Shinpachi agreed, laughing.

___Quick Time Skip___

As it began to get dark out, the group began to leave the restaurant.