Ch.12: The Deal with the Future

"You're from the future?" Okita clutched his stomach as he began to cackle. "That's priceless! Alright, so you want me to not tell the others that you're delusional?" He asked as he smirked at the female.

"I'm not crazy! I really am from the future!" She exclaimed, glaring at the male as he continued to laugh at her.

"Oh yeah? Then prove it." Okita smirked at her.

"Alright! ...How am I supposed to do that?" Y/N asked, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Okita hummed thoughtfully as he stared at her, before cocking his head to the side. "Tell me something about me that no one outside the Shinsengumi would know." He stated.

"Other than your tuberculosis?" Y/N questioned, folding her arms over her chest. "Alright then, when you were nine, you started training at the Shieikan. You proved to be a prodigy, don't give me that shit-eating-grin, and had mastered all the techniques and attained the Menkyo Kaiden scroll in the ryu at the age of eighteen. That's what I read on a Wikipedia, though. It also said that there was a good chance you weren't handsome and that you were polite and good-natured, but those don't seem to be true at all. So, maybe I'm wrong." She shrugged her shoulder casually.

"Did you just call me handsome?" Okita questioned, smirking as he leaned towards Y/N, which caused her cheeks to grown a bright red as she glared at him.

"Is that all that you got out of that?!" Y/N snapped.

Okita chuckled and went back to sitting on his sleeping mat, where Y/N had first found him when she walked into his room. "I'm impressed, but your clothing when you got here was proof enough that you're not from around here." He pointed out, causing the female to become frigid. "So it was a safe assumption that you're foreign, but not as foreign as we expected, huh?" He snickered.

"You're so mean, Bakita!" Y/N huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as she pouted.

"Why have you decided to trust me with this, though? Something like this could be big news to the others; you can help with planning in battles, telling us who are trustworthy and who aren't. You can save lives." Okita insisted as he stared at Y/N, skeptically.

"I don't want to mess up history." Y/N immediately shook her head. "The only reason that I'm telling you is that...I'm worried." She admitted. "The longer that I stay here, the more I am beginning to notice changes in me." She told him, standing up and beginning to pace in the room.

"What kind of changes? Are you growing wings or something?" The male asked as he stared at her, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"No, nothing like that." Y/N shook her head, and began to talk while making hand gestures. "My personality, and my morals, they're changing so much that I barely recognize myself anymore. Before I came here, I just pushed everyone away, I believed that there wasn't anyone worthy of my trust, but now..." She stopped suddenly as Okita grabbed her wrists and stared down at her.

"Now, you're beginning to trust us, right? Isn't that a good thing?" He asked as he stared at her.

"I don't know anymore..." Y/N whispered as she glanced at her trembling hands in his tight hold. "Don't think of me as weak, suddenly. The only reason that I chose to tell you was because of your recent condition, as well, I thought you would understand more than any of the others, since you do exactly what I did."

"I'd never think of you as weak." Okita stated, letting go of the female and taking a step away from her. "If that's all, then you can leave. I promise that I won't tell any of the others." He told her as he sat down. "And if I do, you can just kill me." He grinned.