Ch.19: What Happened After

-Morning-

"You were incredible last night, Saito-san." Y/N happily praised the blue haired male as they walked on patrol.

"No, it was nothing." Saito denied.

"You're just being modest. He didn't even get a scratch against more than ten samurai." Y/N told Chizuru, who walked on her other side. Y/N then snapped her fingers and looked up at Saito. "Hey, didn't you want to tell me something?" She asked him.

"That was, well..." Saito's cheeks immediately turned a bright pink.

"Could it have been about my appearance as a geisha?" Y/N questioned.

"N-no, well..." He stuttered.

"It really was weird, wasn't it? I must've looked so silly since a foreigner wearing foreign clothes makes me stand out a lot." Y/N awkwardly laughed while Chizuru stared at the two sympathetically.

"This is quite a difficult problem." Saito mumbled. "Right now and back then are completely different situations. What I wanted to say back then was-"

"Oh, right. Everyone was discussing whether Hijikata-san would look good with a beard." Chizuru suddenly spoke up.

"I don't think that a beard would look good on Hijikata-san at all." Y/N deadpanned at the thought of the purple eyed vice commander with a beard.

"...it was perfectly suited."

"Huh? Did you see it before?" Chizuru obliviously asked Saito as she heard his whisper.

"What are you talking about? On that day in Shimabara, I saw it." Saito stated.

"What?! Hijikata-san went to Shimabara with a beard?! When?!" Y/N questioned in absolute shock.

"Hold on. Just what are you two talking about?" Saito asked the duo with an expression of absolute confusion.

"About whether or not Hijikata-san would look good with a beard." Chizuru answered.

"What are you talking about?" Y/N responded.

"I have never seen that before, nor do I think it'd fit him." Instead of answer the (H/C), Saito responded to Chizuru. "Though, if the Vice Commander was determined, I wouldn't mind."

"Then when you said 'it was perfectly suited', what were you referring to?" Chizuru asked.

"T-that's..." Saito glanced at Y/N, his blush seeming to become slightly more intense, before he looked away. "Enough. It's a thing of the past. Let's go." He stated.

"That's unfair, Saito!" Y/N complained, before herself and Chizuru rushed after the male.

-Evening-

"Sorry for all of the trouble, Kimigiku-san." Hijikata apologized as he put a roll of coins onto the table in front of the woman. "Thanks to you, we were able to apprehend the rogue samurai who were plotting an attack on our headquarters. Sorry for putting you out..." He told her.

"There is no need for you to express such remorse over the matter. Everyone is truly pleased that we were able to offer our assistance in helping you apprehend those rogue samurai." Kimigiku assured. "Although, I must say...you two have been quite the center of gossip thenceforth." She stated.

"Gossip?" Y/N repeated.

Kimigiku hid a grin behind her sleeve. "They say that Hijikata-san of the Shinsengumi eloped with a geisha girl who was a precious as a gem."

"What?!" The two asked in surprise.

"You are such an attractive man that it has only served to boost our reputation. Truly, I owe it all to you, Y/N-san." Kimigiku said.