Ch.15: Time with Master Forerunner

-December, 1866-

Y/N walked with Heisuke, Kyo, and Chizuru through the crowded streets, the three managing to stay out of the way of others as they walked around.

"It's pretty jammed, ain't it?" Heisuke questioned, nonchalantly holding his hands behind his head.

"With preparations for New Year's, people always seem to have errands around this time of year." Chizuru informed the foreign female, who was looking a bit annoyed at the crowds. To her, it felt a lot like Christmas time at the mall.

"Aw, man! I wish we could kick back and relax on New Year's Day!" Heisuke exclaimed, causing the two females to laugh and Kyo to roll his eyes.

Chizuru flinched as they heard a crashing sound, and the group's attention was put onto a fight as it began at one of the opened stalls.

"How dare you make a mockery of me!"

"Please unhand me!"

"Oh, there's a fight!" Heisuke exclaimed, a bit too excitedly for Chizuru's and Kyo's taste.

The pink-clad female then watched in shock as both Heisuke and Y/N ran in the direction of the fight, while Kyo groaned. "Y/N! Heisuke-kun!" The blue-eyed male shouted after the two, though they only ignored him.

"Move it!"

"Outta our way!"

The duo shouted as they pushed through the crowd.

"Hey, pardon me real quick." Heisuke squeezed through a group of men, Y/N not too far behind, as they approached where the fight was taking place.

"You better take me more seriously!" One of the men shouted, grasping at the other one.

"Hold it right there! I'm puttin' this fight on hold." Heisuke announced. "Come on. Let's start out by hearing what happened." He urged.

"Th-this man began making false accusations." The more scared man, a shopkeeper dressed in blue, stuttered out.

"Who're you?" The more annoyed man, dressed in orange, questioned as he glowered at the two teens.

"Now, now. Let go of the guy." Heisuke insisted, walking up to the duo.

"This has nothin' to do with you. Scram, shrimp!" The orange clad man sneered, pushing Heisuke away forcefully.

"Sh-shrimp?" Heisuke repeated, surprised, before he gritted his teeth together. "What did you say?!" He then pushed the man back.

Y/N watched both in awe and amusement as Heisuke was able to get the man to have both of his hands behind his back with little to no problem. She grunted as she was suddenly pushed aside by a man who looked to be taller than even Harada.

"If this is the best you've got, I'm way out of your league." Heisuke mocked the man in orange, before he noticed the bigger man with two goons behind him.

"Why are you letting a child give you a run for your money?" The big man questioned.

"Hah? What'd you say?" Heisuke questioned, kicking the orange clad male's back and watching him stumble towards the trio.

"Keep outta this, you damn brat!" the big man remarked.

Y/N covered the smirk that covered her features as she watched the man run at Heisuke, only for the male to knee him in the gut, then kick his back side. Though, she knew that as soon as the ceramics got broken by the man's fall, Heisuke was going to get into serious trouble with Hijikata.