Ch.25: Time with the Devils - Prt.2

-Next morning-
"So you're on guard duty or something?" Y/N asked, staring boredly at the blue haired male who was grinning at her.

"Nah, I just like seeing that pained expression on your face."

"Are you serious?" Y/N deadpanned. "At least unchain me so I can kick your ass." She huffed.

"As much as I'd love to see you struggle while trying, it's not gonna happen." Shiranui stated.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Hahaha! I told you I'd beat your ass!"

"Are you fucking serious?!" Shiranui exclaimed, his eyes wide as he gawked at the female. "How the hell did you do that!?" He demanded.

Blowing the smoke that emerged from the barrel of the pistol that had been handed to her moments before, Y/N smirked.

After much complaining, she had annoyed Shiranui enough to get him to unchain her and take her to the back of the mansion-like building that the Devils were using as their hideout and have a shooting competition. He had hit the target -a tree- with barely any misses. Of course Y/N made a few of her own, but Shiranui was certainly impressed she was able to wield a gun at all let alone actually hit anything.

"I know that women are supposed to be meek or whatever in this time period, but we're allowed to do a lot more things from when I'm from." Y/N stated. "My mom taught me how to shoot a gun before I was taught how to use decimals."

"Huh?" Shiranui stared at the female confused.

"Exactly." Y/N chuckled.

Shiranui suddenly shook his head, smirking at the female as he seemed to get over his momentary shock. "So you're pretty good at hitting a tree, that's no big deal. But how are you with actual moving objects?" He questioned. The blue haired man then stood a few feet in front of Y/N, his arms spread out. "Shoot me."

"Wait what?" Y/N asked, staring at him with an expression of horror.

"Shoot me." Shiranui repeated, smirking at the female. "Don't worry, you won't hurt me, if that's what you're worried about." He stated.

Y/N narrowed her eyes as she glared at the devilish man. "That's certainly not what I'm worried about." She declared, before glancing at the old pistol that was in her hand.

It felt heavy, a lot heavier than the ones she was allowed to use on the shooting range or when she went hunting with her uncle and cousins, whom had stopped talking with her family after her parents got separated. And it certainly felt a lot heavier than when she was shooting the hand-held weapon seconds ago.

"C'mon. Backing out now just proves how weak you humans are." Shiranui taunted the female. "Obviously your mother wasn't as good as a teacher as you thought-" the male was cut off by the sudden bang, and he just barely dodged the bullet that flew by his head.

"Don't talk about my mom." Y/N snapped, her eyes glowing with rage.

Shiranui looked startled from being cut off guard, before he smirked. "Heh. Now we're getting somewhere."

___Quick Time Skip___
Kazama was livid.

He had gone to the room that Y/N was being held in and Shiranui was supposed to be looking after her. Only to find the two idiots gone.

"That useless bastard. I give him the simplest job to perform and he fails." Kazama growled under his breath as he roamed the halls of their hideout. "Amagiri. What are you just standing around for?! We need to find those two idiots-" Seeing the red haired devil standing in front of a window, his eyebrow began to twitch, before he blinked when Amagiri cut him off.

"I found them." At Amagiri's words, Kazama stood next to the taller devil with his arms crossed and scowled down at the sight of the backyard. But neither of the two were in his sight.

First he heard the sound of Shiranui's pistol, and he felt a nauseous feeling arise as the only thing he could think of was that the stupid human had finally gotten on the devil's last nerve. Within seconds he was standing in the backyard, even more surprised when he heard Shiranui's cackling and Y/N's exasperated shouts.

"Stop running away so I can shoot you, you bastard! It's unfair!"

"I'm a moving target, Princess, it's not supposed to be fair!"

"You bastard, it's even worse when you're using your devil powers!"

Kazama didn't know if he should be relieved or annoyed as he watched the female suddenly emerge from the trees that surrounded the headquarters, an irritated expression of her own covering her features as Shiranui appeared as a blue blur in front of her.

Another bang rang throughout the area behind the building, but the two's bickering immediately seized as instead of managing to hit the blue haired devil, Kazama had simply caught the bullet in the space between his index and middle finger before clearing his throat loudly to catch the attention of the two.

"What are you doing?" The red eyed male asked, tone void of emotion. "You should be chained up, and you should be watching her." Kazama declared, glaring at Shiranui who wore the expression of a scolded child.

"I talked him into it." Y/N's sudden declaration surprised both males. Perhaps one more than the other. "I kept complaining and then suggested we have a battle of sorts. I just wanted to get out of that room." She explained with an expression void of any emotion as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Kazama stared at the two, before he heaved a sigh. "I'll let it go, just because I knew you would have found your way out of that room one way or another." He stated. "Shiranui, help her with her aim more." The devil ordered, rolling the bullet between his fingers. "She might be of help to us at some point." He added in a softer tone, before turning on his heel and returning to the building.

"Why did you do that?" Shiranui demanded once Kazama was out of sight, staring at the (H/C) female through a narrowed gaze.

"Do what?" Y/N asked, messing with the revolver of the male's gun that was still in her hold. "Save your ass?" She smirked.

"You're a smug little bitch, aren't you?" Shiranui deadpanned.

"I'm humble at times." Y/N responded, shrugging her shoulders. "Think of that as my 'thank you' for saving Harada-san." She stated, her tone softer at the mention of the gentle giant. "That time with the rogue that had stolen that man's papers and he put his life on the line." She continued, as if unsure that the devil would remember that time.

Shiranui blinked, before he scoffed and folded his arms behind his head. "I told you then that it wasn't like that. The filthy human bumped into me and had the audacity not to apologize to me." He declared.

"Uh-huh, well I'm sorry that I don't believe you for a second." Y/N deadpanned. "You're not that bad of a guy, I guess." She continued with a simple shrug of her shoulders.

"I feel like that's a compliment." Shiranui smugly pointed out.

"Perhaps." Y/N grinned at him in a challenging manner.

"Alright!" Shiranui exclaimed, suddenly placing his hands on his hips as he turned his back to the female in his attempt to hide the red hue that crawled onto his cheeks as he saw the sparkling mischief in the female's gaze. "Kazama-san wants me to teach you how to use that gun, so I guess I have to do it. So let's have you try shooting me again. I'll move at a slower pace for you this time, but only because I know your slow human brain can't keep up with me." He declared with a challenging smirk of his own.

"I'll make you eat your words, Target."

"What's a Tar- Hey don't start shooting at me!"