Ch.23: Another Attack

"Heisuke that bastard. Heisuke that bastard." Shinpachi repeated as he scoffed down a bowl of rice as the group sat and ate their dinner.

"Come on, you two share the same ideology. You'll meet each other again." Kondou peacefully stated, before the group's attention was put onto the door as it slid open.

"Commander, a female visitor is here." The man stated.

"A female visitor?" Kondou repeated.

"She said she's come to see Yukimura-kun and L/N-kun, but would also like to meet with you and all of the lieutenants." The man declared, causing everyone to look at the two females in mixed confusion.

"Well, then let her in." Kondou gave the go-ahead.

It didn't take long after that for the familiar yellow clad female to enter the room. "Sen-chan!" Y/N and Chizuru called out in surprise.

"I've come for you, Chizuru-chan and Y/N-chan." Sen declared immediately.

"What do you mean?" Chizuru asked in confusion.

"There's no more time, please prepare to leave here with us immediately." Kimigiku stated as she stood behind Sen.

"You can't just say something like that." Chizuru retorted with a surprised expression.

"That's right!" Y/N and Shinpachi agreed immediately. "Can't you explain it so we can understand too?" The green bandana wearing male continued.

"You know of Chigage Kazama, don't you?" Sen asked the group.

"We've had a couple of meetings." Y/N scoffed as she crossed her arms, a sour expression crossing her features at the thought of the male.

"He and his pals have gone up against us several times." Shinpachi added.

"And you know that they're after this girl?" Sen questioned, motioning to Chizuru.

"We're aware of him going after Chizuru-chan. Apparently those three refer to themselves as devils." Kondou informed.

"They're certainly incredibly skilled, but devil is-"

"I too, am a devil." Sen's surprising statement cut off Shinpachi's humor filled comment.

"What do you mean by that, Sen-chan?!" Y/N questioned with widened eyes. Well, that was a plottwist!

"This young lady is Princess Sen, descendent of Suzuka Gozen of a demonic bloodline and I am the princess's shinobi of a line that has served her for generations." Kimigiku stated.

"Huh? Come to think of it, you were at Shimabara." Sanosuke pointed out.

"Oh! Kimmigiko-san!" Shinpachi exclaimed in surprise and realization.

"Now I understand." Hijikata sighed. "I foolishly thought you were being friendly, but your goal was Shinsengumi information." He stated.

Kimigiku chuckled, while Sen continued to look serious. "Since antiquity, the powerful of each era have set eyes on the devil's power and comes seeking to use it." Sen stated. "But there was one band of devils that never cared for combat and grew to hate being constantly dragged into the wars of mankind. Eventually, with time," Kimigiku continued on, before letting Sen finish. "Their interaction with humans grew, and now there are a few devils of pure bloodlines left."

"Such as you and Kazama, you mean." Kondou pointed out.

"Yes. In Western realms, the Kazama clan, and in the East, the Yukimura clan is the largest of the devil family." Sen stated, before turning her head to look at Chizuru, who looked startled. "I'd heard that the Yukimura family was extinct, but-"