Ch.3: The Other Side of the Rabbit Hole

-June-1864-
Y/N groaned softly at the pounding in her head. Blinking a few times as she felt a coolness to her forehead, the female's (E/C) hues locked onto a pair of brown ones.
"You're awake, thank goodness!" The brunette female smiled warmly at the foreign girl, before looking a bit shy suddenly. "I'm sorry that I can't help you much more." She said.
That was when Y/N noticed that her feet were tied together and her hands were tied behind her back. "Where am I?!" Y/N ordered, cursing under her breath when she got a scared, and confused, look from the other girl.
"S-Sorry, I don't understand." She stuttered out apologetically.
"Forget it." Y/N huffed as she sat up without any help from the suddenly frantic brunette, and a wet rag fell into her lap.
"I-I'm Chizorou." The brunette introduced herself to the more intimidating girl.
"Chizorou, there's no reason to tell her your name. She'll be dying soon." A cheerful voice called out as a cold point was pointed at her throat.
Y/N's (E/C) hues narrowed at the green eyed male who had suddenly appeared in the room, along with two other males. "I'd appreciate it if you would stop trying to scare me." She coldly stated, surprising the others slightly.
"Okita, we were instructed to bring her to Kondo-san. Sheath your weapon." The purple-blue haired male calmly spoke up.
The green eyed male, Okita, clicked his tongue before putting his sword back into the sheath in his belt, which caused both females to relax.
"Do you mind?" The youngest of the three males kindly asked as he knelt in front of Y/N and held up a singular rope.
"What will you do to me?" Y/N questioned.
"Nothing bad, as long as you answer the questions correctly." The calmer male spoke up with an almost scary expression as he stood beside Okita and Chizorou.
Y/N hesitantly nodded her head, once more using context clues that the males only meant harm if she showed she was dangerous. The (H/C) let the youngest male tie her wrists with the rope, leaving enough room so that it was almost like a leash, before untying her feet.
As soon as the female followed the group out of the dark room, she looked surprised to find the familiar garden of the museum, causing her chest to tighten in a mixture of regret and concern as to where she was.
"Is this a type of Roleplay that the museum does?" Y/N boredly questioned as the group walked. "Is Kyo paying you to do this?" She quizzically questioned, though looked annoyed when she got only confused looks from her unknown language.
"A foreigner? How unusual, she must be a spy." Okita snickered in a whisper to Saito. "It explains the odd clothes, though." He stated, looking the female up and down in her nicely shaped jeans and shirt.
Soon the group were now in front of the room they met in for meetings, sliding the door open and walking in with an annoyed Y/N.
"Welcome." A man smiled kindly at Y/N as soon as she was forced to sit next to Chizorou near the door. "I am Kondou Isami." He introduced himself.
"Captain!" Some of the members shouted in disbelief that he would so openly give the stranger his name, had he not learned from the scolding when Chizorou came?
"She needs to trust us." Kondou told the others with an almost oblivious expression.
"Why am I here?" Y/N suddenly asked. "What game is this?" She snapped.
"I'd watch your tongue if I were you." A cold voice came from a man with the most peculiar shade of violet eyes.
"You're here because you were found at the Inn that my team was fighting a group of Rebels who were planning on killing our Emperor. Harada-San found you in a locked closet." Kondou explained to Y/N.
The female blinked, trying to piece together what he was saying. She only caught team, fighting, rebels, emperor, and a name. Her gaze immediately went over the group of males who were staring at her, before her eyes narrowed on the red haired male, whom was now free of blood.
"She's a foreigner, Kondou-San." Okita finally spoke up. "She might be too stupid not to know what you're saying." He grinned.
"Shut up! I understand enough...I think..." Y/N shouted, before murmuring the last part under her breath.
"Yes, that explains the clothing." Hijikata nodded as his harsh gaze stayed on Y/N.
"That's (Native Language) isn't it?" The male with spectacles spoke up. "I know a bit, though I'm probably as good as you are at Japanese." He told the female in her native language, though it was rough and old school, she couldn't help but to sigh in semi-relief.
"What is your name?" Kondou asked her.
Y/N immediately sat up straight. "I am L/N Y/N." She proudly told him.
"L/N-san..." Kondou gently smiled, before looking at Sannan to translate.
"As the Captain said, we found you during one of our battles against a group of rebels. I think what everyone wants to know is if you're a spy, or a victim." Sannan told her calmly.
"I'm neither!" Y/N said almost instantly. "I was with my stepbrother, and we fell-Wait, Kyo, where is that bastard!? Haha, really funny trying to get back at me like this!" The (H/C) snapped, looking around with an angry expression as if the brunette male would suddenly appear, scolding her that 'this is what she gets for making the twins cry', or something like that.
But all she got was confused and concerned looks from the others.
"You got a really wacky one, Sano-San." Toudou whispered to the other male.
"I say we kill her. Put a mutt out of its misery." Okita smiled innocently.
Y/N looked at the group with a blank expression, before her features visibly paled. "This isn't a joke...this is real...Then Kyo! Is he here too?! Is he ok?!" Y/N frantically questioned, looking at every male with a sudden regretful expression.
"I'm afraid you're the only one we found. Unless he's one of the bodies we discovered." Sannan said in a sympathetic tone.
"No, no, no! I'm so dead if he's dead because of me!" Y/N cried out, running her fingers through her hair.
"L/N-San, you never answered our question. Are you a spy, or a friend?" Hijikata asked.
"I'm not a spy!" Y/N shouted out. "If anything, I'm a victim." She said, looking at Sannan so he could translate the words she didn't know. "And I need your help with finding my stepbrother, Inoue Kyo." She stated, looking at the head members of the Shinsengumi seriously.
"Inoue?" The older man in the room asked in surprise, causing Y/N to look at him in confusion as he placed his hand onto his chest. "That is my last name as well." He said.
"Eh?" Y/N asked in surprise.
"I am Inoue Genzaburou." The man introduced himself.
"I-I see." Y/N managed to stutter out.
This has to be a dream, right? I couldn't have actually traveled back in time! She thought. "Your name is Kondou, right? Then you are all the Shinsengumi." Y/N stated.
"So the pipsqueak has heard of us. Perhaps she is a spy." Okita grinned, rubbing at his chin.
"I'm not a spy." Y/N snapped, oblivious to the nickname Okita had given her, though she knew it was probably something rude.
"Toshi, what is your opinion on this?" Kondou questioned his second-in-command.
"Well, if we do kill her and she is a spy, then the group she belongs to might see it as an act of war. We could keep her here, but then we must also worry about her missing brother." Hijikata listed.
"Ano....Maybe we could help her find her brother? Like how we are looking for my father." Chizuru finally spoke up.
"But then someone should probably keep an eye on the girl, right? To make sure she doesn't cause too much of a disturbance, seeing as she's a foreigner." Sanosuke questioned, looking a bit concerned for the female.
"Thanks for volunteering." Hijikata stated, folding his arms over his chest. "From this day forward, the foreigner is your responsibility." He determined.
"What?!" A couple of the males shouted, startled or angry.
"Well you are the one who found her." Sannan agreed with the Vice Commander.
Sanosuke sighed, as if exhausted, while Y/N blinked. She was completely oblivious to the decision that had been made for her.