Chapter 10 - My impossible Girl

Kitana POV

He had been gone for weeks which helped but part of me missed him so much.

"Kit is everything ok?" Luca asked  as he sat on my balcony wall.

I nod slowly and smile "Luca, can I ask you something?" I looked at him and sheathed my sword.

"I thought you lost your smile" he chuckled "ask away."

I rubbed my hands together for a few seconds the took a deep breath. Am I really going to come out with this?...what have I got to lose "h...how do I know if I'm in love?"

He jumped off the wall "what makes you think that?"

I raise my hands to massage my temples and the coming headache I've been battling with for weeks "as hard as I try I can't get him out of my mind" I sigh "every time he touches me, I-I get these tingles, my body ignites... he makes my heart stop with just a simple smile. Luca what's wrong with me? I should hate him, but I can't." Getting it off my chest is such a release.

Luca walked over to me and hugged me so tight then kissed my hair "sounds like your in love kiddo." He rubbed my back gently in a soothing manner.

I looked up at him and whisper "so why does he reject me every time?"

In that moment he hugged me tighter "I thought it was a one off?" He pulled me away at arms length and I shook my head feebly as a tear fell. I thought I was all cried out, today was the first day I felt relatively normal...whatever that was.

"oh honey.." Luca cooed and squeezed my arms " his kind have to be so careful, they have life partners so they only get one chance to get it right."

"What do I do Luca?... I hate that he is my weakness. Hikari has no weakness." I wipe my tear away.

"Everyone has a weakness Kit, even the Hikari... remember, no man is worth your tears."

I smile weakly and nod "your right, I'm better than that."

"That's my girl." He smiles down at me and lets me go.

"There's no sense locking myself up, here, come we should get out.

"And where are we off to my fair lady?" He mock bowed.

I twirl around to Luca "we my dear are going shopping. There's a necklace st the charm shop that has my name on it." I smile and walk backwards out of my door. I turn around and bump into a hard chest, hands land on my hips to steady me which sends a burst of tingles up my spine and throughout my body which causes me to look up "Tetsu?"

He flashes a heart melting smile "Hey, I knocked but no one answered."

The memory of our last encounter comes flooding back and my hand comes into contact with his face before I can stop it. I step back and slam the door in his face.

"Kitana... what was that? Luca asked seemed peeved at what just happened.

"What? He deserved it." I stormed into the bathroom and locked the door. I could feel anger arise. How dare he just swan back in here like nothing happened I growl at myself as I start to run a shower. All thoughts of shopping going out of the window.

I could hear Luca knocking and demanding I come out and explain but instead i undressed and jumped into the shower to cool off and try to calm myself.

Once I finish I figured Luca had gone and wrapped a towel around myself and wrapped my hair in another pausing as I got to the door. What do I do if he's still there? I could just ignore him I guess... I shrug and unlock the door walking into my room to find not only Luca but Tetsu sat in front of the fire talking to each other.

"Sorry to interrupt you boys," I say sarcastically while walking to my wardrobe and changing into shorts and an oversized shirt "look guys  as pleasant as this is, which it's not. I'm kind of tired so if you could kindly leave, I'd really appreciate it."

Luca frowned over at me "you guys need to talk sooner rather than later Kitana."

I roll my eyes "I have nothing to say to either of you." I made sure to look at them both. I knew I was being a horrible brat but I had to protect myself from being hurt again.

Tetsu stood up and looked at me intently "don't take this out on Luca. This." He pointed between us "is between you and me."

I fold my arms looking and feeling rather annoyed "you've made your feelings quite clear on that subject."

"Kitana stop shutting yourself off. It's not healthy." Luca sighed

"Why are you doing this?" I glare at Luca. He was like a brother to me so why was he siding with the enemy?

Luca walks up to me and places his hand on my shoulders and looks into my eyes "because I love you to death my impossible girl. And I believe you deserve happiness finally." He kissed my forehead "I will be in my room if you need me." I nod and he walks out closing the door behind him.

I sigh and fold my arms looking st him "just say what you need to say and get out." I glare his way.

He looks down at his clasped hands then back up at me as he stood meeting my eyes with his chocolate ones "look Kitana I know your upset." I let out a sarcastic  laugh "you have every right to be mad at me." He continued whilst he ran a nervous hand through his hair thinking about what he was gong to say "I messed with your mind and emotions, for that I am so sorry. I understand your anger...believe me I do."

My face softens as I realise he's being honest "so why toy with me like that?"

He shook his head "honestly?" I nod and stare at his stunning features. "I have this voice inside my head that screams at me the closer I get to you."

I bite my bottom lip and he looks away "what does it tell you?" I ask curiously.

He chuckles nervously  then meets my eyes with his "that you are mine."

I take a deep breath while my heart stutters hopefully for a moment and then it sunk in the realisation of a "but?"

He sighed deeply and looked down "but, my title as your personal guard and Hikari means I can't lose control. Believe  me every moment with you is a battle I wish I could give in to." He was searching my face for a reaction.

I felt my heart crack a little "your my personal guard? How....when?"

He swallowed hard "I was offered the position before I went away... I officially start tomorrow." He paused as he hedged my mood "are you angry?"

I stared at him blankly, why did everyone seem to think I needed protecting? I rubbed my temples to get rid of the stress building up in my mind. Why did I have these feelings for him? I just didn't understand and it frustrated me.

"Kitana?" He took a step closer and reached out to touch me.

"I can't." I look at his puzzled face "I'm sorry." I bolted out of the door and down the steps. Where was I running to? I didn't know but I kept going until someone grabbed me around the waist to stop me.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" He looked down at me. He must have seen my panic and gave me a worried look "Kitana what's wrong?"

"Rihdan I... sorry" I held onto his arms for stability as my breath caught up with me. I realised he had his brother with him and some other men looking at me strangely "I'll leave you to it." I said as I straightened up and began to walk away.