Chapter 2 - The Elusive Sister

Cavelle's POV

"Kitana!" I turn on my heel approaching my Father and Jak "where has Kitana gone in such a hurry?" Call it a gut feeling or twin intuition but something seemed off with my sister.

"She didn't say...is everything ok Princess?" Jak asks seeming genuinely concerned

I look over at Father as he cleared his throat and runs his hands through his locks wearing a guilty look "I may have mentioned something about the Hikari"

I narrow my eyes at him "Father how could you! You more than anyone knows how she gets."

She's made several attempts to join the Hikari but each time Father has refused her. She's upset I can feel it deep in my gut, I sigh running my fingers through my long hair tying to think of how I can console her this time. Out of us both Kitana is so tough but even the toughest cookies crumble.

Rihdan walks towards us looking into my eyes and reading me like a book, rests his palm to my lower back which instantly calms me "what's wrong Cavelle?" He looks worried, his older brother Luthious follows closely behind.

"Kitana's upset... I should go find her." I sigh softly

" I wasn't thinking... I'm sorry Cavelle" my Father sounded so remorseful

"Don't be sorry Tytto, you must take everyone to the dining hall, Mother is waiting with lunch. I'll look for Kitana in the meantime" I gaze at my Father and he nods, regret at his words to Kit plastered all over his face "and not a word to Mother" I warn him and he nods again.

"Come Tet... Tetsu?" Jak looks around for his brother then back to us " seems my brother has put on a disappearing act too..."

"I shall find him on my travels" I smile as nicely as I can, it's the least of my worries right now. A gentle voice breaks through my worry and I turn towards the blissful sound as Jak followed Tytto out of the room.

"I'll come with you" it's Rihdan trying to search my eyes with his own piercing aqua ones which always intrigued me but this is a look of comfort which washes over me so easily.

I raise my hand and place it on his rock hard chest "No, you go and enjoy yourself...you deserve it" I notice all of the others have left the room and I also notice my hand is still on his chest which I hastily pull away but he grabs my hand and kisses the back of it ever so gently making me shiver slightly and all I can do is smile at him.

"Are you sure?" He searches my eyes, worry still across his face.

"Yes" I laugh "you've worked so hard these last few months, I'm proud of you" I lean up and kiss his cheek softly letting it linger a little longer then I should, turning him and march him out of my Fathers study "I shall see you later?"

"Save me a dance?" I smile and nod in agreement and that's when he flashes me a killer smile, turning on his heel and walks toward the dining hall as I begin my search for my elusive twin sister.

I start off in her room knocking on the door and pushing it open "Kit?" I asked to nobody as I walked into her room then pick things up putting them back into place, I couldn't understand why she was so messy when I wasn't, I thought being her twin we should share some similarities but I guess tidiness just isn't one of them. I looked out of the window finally spotting my naughty sister talking with what looked like Tetsu, great, two birds with one stone I thought to myself. I made my way down the stairs and towards the back garden.

"Ah Cavelle, I'm glad I have caught up with you" Mother smiled sweetly at me "I am assuming all arrangements for tonight are underway?"

"I believe so Mother, I really must go" I urge her impatiently

"And your sister?" she rose a brow

"I am working on her as we speak, I was thinking perhaps we should change her dress to something less revealing, you know how she hates to stand out" I sigh softly running my fingers through my long platinum blonde hair. Kitana always battled with being on show which is why I always handled all the public situations.

She eyed me curiously "No her dress will remain the same. I will never understand why Kitana likes to hide, it's such a shame to hide such a beautiful creature"

I shrug my shoulders "Mother I really must be going" She nodded and I wandered off in the opposite direction towards the bridge.

As I hurried along the path a memory flashed before me of the many days spent by the stream with Kitana, Luca and Rihdan when we were younger. Rihdan and Luca would always try showing off by jumping from the bridge into the stream seeing who could make the biggest splash, one day Kitana out did them all by climbing up the tree to the highest branch she could muster and jumped into the lake, which resulted in Kit breaking her arm and a very angry Father storming down from his castle. Thinking of the memory made me chuckle at Kitana's resistance, depite warning her away she was always drawn to the bridge and water would always calm her down.

"Kitana there you are!" Tetsu had her in some kind of hold with he hand pinned behind her back and as I look at my sister to judge the situation a feeling of panic surrounded me. I lifted up my arm in a stop motion , feeling the energy start to surround my body from its core, the wind picking up slightly and looked into my sisters blood red eyes, one slip up and we could all be dead in an instant.