Chapter 3 - Stupid Elf

Tetsu POV

I watch carefully while she talks to Jak, the tingling from her touch slowly starting to fade away "Congratulations Tetsu" a voice of an angel chimes.

I take my gaze away from Kitana and focus my gaze on Cavelle "Thank you Princess" I smile. That's right, I have joined the ranks of the Hikari, Algaria's elite warriors sworn to protect the King and his family and yet I'd rather be at home with my own family.

Princess Cavelle was what every hot blooded man would want in a woman, she was absolutely stunning, had a fantastic personality and was fantastic with words, very polished but she wasn't her sister, speaking of which my gaze turned to the door that Kitana had bolted through.

Cavelle's gaze followed mine "Excuse me" she briskly walked to the door and called after her sister, when she realized Kitana wasn't coming back she walked towards her Father and Jak with the other two closely behind her heels. Intrigued by Kitana I slip out without anyone noticing and begin my search for the lost little Princess.

After what seems like forever in this heat I stop under the shade of a tree beside a lake. I was blown away with how big the grounds were and far grander than home. I gaze around until my eyes fall upon a stone bridge over a river and a slender body sat on the wall, her legs dangling down, and her red hair the colour of crimson roses that my Oma grew in our garden at home shone in the sun. She looked as if she was lost in thought. Before I know it my legs are bringing me towards the bridge.

"You know it's rude to stalk people" she said when she knew I was close enough to hear, then sighed at her attempt of humor.

"Not when it's in the job description Princess" I say matter-of-factly while approaching her slowly and stand by her side. She doesn't look at me but instead looks down at her fingers knotted up in her lap "You know you're Sister is really worried about you."

She shrugged her shoulders "I don't know why, I'm fine" she mumbles unconvincingly. "Congratulations on getting into the Hikari" I hear the hurt in her voice, watching the glistening tear roll down her cheek takes every fibre of my being not to wipe it away and embrace her.

We only met moments ago and I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know my name so why am I feeling this way? What's coming over me? "Th-Thanks" I shake my head at the slight stutter letting an awkward moments silence pass. I can see her mentally battling with herself but choose to lookout at the river instead "So why'd you run away?"

"Curiosity killed the cat" she breathed

"Then it looks like I'm down to eight lives" I joke wanting to cheer her up more than anything.

"It doesn't matter" The three words every woman tells a man trying to fool them but it didn't fool me, yet I wasn't going to pry. She wiped her tear away and continued to watch the river in silence. After a little while she turns to me and sends a glare my way "What makes you so special?" she spits out like its venom, her knuckles white as she balls them up into fists trying to hold something back.

She catches me off guard, what have I done to make her so angry? It's almost as if a switch had flipped "What do you mean Princess?" I had no idea what she could possibly mean.

She swings her legs back over the wall of the bridge still glaring at me "What did you do? Just swan in here and tell the King you wanted to be Hikari and he willingly accepted!?" she was furious and I swear her eyes took on a red colour like molten lava, but I wasn't about to tell her it took me years to train to be Hikari and nor did I want this but I didn't want to rub it in or seem ungrateful as it obviously bothered her.

I couldn't help but notice she looked even more beautiful when she was angry. I opened my mouth to reply but she cuts me off by prodding my chest which makes me laugh in return "This is not a laughing matter! You're nothing!" she attempts to punch me and that's when I stop and react catching her flying fist of fury before it connects with my jaw, spinning her around and pinning it to her back, my other arm wraps around her waist to hold her "Let go of me!" she growls and squirms like a wild animal.

I tighten my grip around her waist pulling her flush to my body and ignore the warmth that rushes through my body at the mere touch of her skin against mine. I lean down to her ear barely touching it with my lips and I feel her body stiffen as I whisper "Are you finished with your tantrum Princess?"

"I demand you let me go elf!" she called me by my race as if it was a curse word which made me chuckle and her scream in fury "I mean it elf! Your career could end as soon as it's begun" she spat out.

"Kitana, there you are!" It was Cavelle that ran towards us with a look of alarm "Kit you need to calm down" she put her hand up in a calming motion as if she was approaching a rabid dog.

"Get this inbred off of me and I just might!" She growls again trying to free herself from my grip not put off by the pain she must be feeling as Cavelle flashes me an apologetic look.

I lean down to her ear again and feel her stiffen for a moment as I whisper "If you calm down I shall let you go, it's simple" she sighs and I feel her body relax so I keep to me end of the deal and released her to which she turned to face me and punches me in the arm with the opposite fist that was pinned then backs away cradling her pinned arm looking quite pleased with herself yet still furious at the same time.

"Kitana!" Cavelle squeals outraged by her sisters actions then looks at me apologetically "I am so sorry Tetsu, I don't know what's come over her" she flashes me another sympathetic look then turns her gaze on a very amused Kitana "I think you need to apologise to Tetsu, Kit"

I look over at Kitana who smirks as she looks back at me "He deserved it stupid elf, did your Mother never teach you the correct way to treat a lady much less a Princess you're sworn to protect"

I look her up and down having to stifle a laugh but fail "Let me know when you find a lady, Princess" I mocked a bow sarcastically enjoying the banter between us, I've not had a woman challenge me like this in a long while.

Cavelle looked at her Sister furiously "up to your quarters now!" not many things scare me but the look she gave Kitana right now would have made me head for the hills if it was aimed at me. A breeze picked up blowing her hair in all sorts of violent directions and Kit swallowed hard then bowed her head as she ran towards the castle. Cavelle turns to me and I swear I see her eyes turn from the same blood red as Kitana's to the normal crystal blue that they usually were which made me blink to adjust my eyes "Tetsu I-I'm so sorry you had to suffer my sisters foul temper"

"You're not kidding" I chuckle and rub my arm where Kitana punched me, for a woman she can really pack quite a punch, I'd hate to feel the full force of her punching arm she used to try and connect with my jaw.

"Does it hurt?" she asked stepping forward but I shake my head

"Don't worry its fine" I say as my brows knit together while I replay the conversation in my head with Kitana "What is her problem?"

Cavelle sighs softly, her face saddens but I don't feel the need to comfort her like I do with Kitana...strange. I focus on what Cavelle is saying "The Hikari is her problem... we may be twins but we are complete opposites, I was always good with magic where as she is a fantastic warrior. She has tried many times to prove to the King that she deserves a place in the Hikari ranks but each and every time Father denies her that position" she paused for a moment and looked really worried and sympathetic "What do you do when your dream is shattered over and over making it unattainable?" I could tell by the look on her face that she loved her sister and the way she spoke about Kitana shows they have an unbreakable bond.

I looked at her, my brow relaxing "But a Princess shouldn't be on a battle ground?...it's no place for a woman"

"You sound just like Father" she chuckled softly and it sounded so angelic "Kitana can't seem to make peace with the fact that the Hikari is here to protect her nor does she like to be seen to as weak".

"Yeah she doesn't seem to need protecting" I shrug and she laughs again which brings an automatic smile to my face... maybe being here isn't so bad after all.

"Come, I should get you back to the King." She leads me back into the castle but I can't help but wonder what I can do to calm the fury that burns inside Kitana's heart, then remembering it's not my place.