Chapter 8 - No one special

Kitana POV

For the second time today he walked away from me which made me sigh softly "is everything ok Kit?" Luca gazed at me.

I smiled as brightly as I could and nodded finishing my drink, standing up and leaving everyone as they laughed and chatted amongst themselves. I walk to the bar and order another ro d. I felt a hand on my back but no tingles followed the contact which made me feel a little disappointed.

He leant into me and whispered "talk to me Kitana." I remembered hearing those words from Tetsu earlier just before we kissed... I sigh again and turn to Luca without looking up.

"Luca I've done something terrible." He eyed me cautiously and I put my hand in his bejewelled hand as a tear rolled down my cheek. His eyes glazed over as he concentrated.

Myself, Cavelle and Luca grew up together, he was a stable boy and his parents worked within the palace before they were assassinated. A few months after we laid his parents to rest Luca found out he was blessed with a power from the Gods to see people's pasts, present and sometimes future just by a simple touch. An invaluable gift, so my mother took him in to help him hone his skill and loved him like her own. Luca was one of the only men I knew in my life that I trusted my life with.

"Oh Kit... are you ok?" He hugged me tightly. As he did Tetsu walked out from the bathroom and glared my way... what was his problem? He was the one who kissed me and walked away... I felt anger bubble up inside me which I tried to push down. Luca pulled away and looked around at Tetsu then at me "no man is worth your tears Kit. Come, help me with these drinks and have a good time." He handed me a tray of drinks which we shared out with our group and sat down as Luca did with Lani he planted a small kiss on her temple which made me smile.

"Ugh all these couples." Luthious groaned.

Rihdan laughed "Do I detect a hint of jealousy Luthious?" He hugged Cavelle close and smiled a her.

Luthious shook his head and chuckled "love is for fools dear brother, I my friends am married to my job."

"Surely yo must get lonely?" Lani asked as she flipped her black hair from her perfect face and her amber eyes shone.

"Perhaps you haven't found the right one yet?" Jak interjected.

"Perhaps not." Luthious laughed and drank his mead "how about you?" He looked at Jak.

"In our culture we have life partners... once we settle down it's usually for life and others are promised." He smiled like he had something on his mind. It made me think of what my Father had told me and made my blood boil at the thought of being promised. "But Casanova here." He slapped Tetsu's back playfully "came back earlier shirtless and hair ruffled."

I tried to hide my internal panic attack as Tetsu choked on his drink and his eyes widened which I found cute as we blushed at the same time briefly "guys do we really have to embarrass him further?" I tried to throw Tetsu a rope and rescue him.

"Oh hush Kitana." Cavelle shushed me "go on Tetsu, who was she?" She gushed.

"I... uh-" he stuttered, then took a deep breath as all eyes were on him "she was no one special." My heart felt as if it broke into pieces. I didn't understand why I felt like this, we had only met a few days ago. Just then Luca grabs my trembling hand squeezing it slightly for reassurance.

"Are you ok?" He mouthed and I nod in reply trying to force a smile on my face, making the huge mistake of glancing up at the elf across from me who was glaring back. I stand in frustration and walk to the bar."

"Hey Gail can I get something strong please?" The barmaid nodded and handed me a whiskey.

"Is it really that bad?" A familiar voice asked from behind me which brought an immediate smile to my face.

"If only you knew." I sighed as a hand rested on my hip.

"Now what kind of greeting is that Kittycat?" He smirked knowing I hated that name.

I smile again and turn to hug him "it's good to see you Taise." He kissed my cheek and hugged me tight "what brings yo to these parts again?" I ask feeling a pair of eyes burning in the back of my skull.

He lifted my face up to his "your beautiful face as always." He smiled.

I laugh and bat his hand away "come, Cavelle would love to see you again." I grab his hand and pull him toward the group "Cavelle look who I found."

She jumped up immediately "Taise!" She hugged him tight.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled as she released him Taise shook Rihdan's hand "hey man."

"Hey Taise."Rihdan smiled as Taise stood behind my chair and laid his hands on my shoulders and gave them a rub "how have you been?" Rihdan asked Taise.

"Really good, hey guys" he waved over at Luca and Lani. "So many new faces." He laughed.

I pointed in order around the table "Jak, Tetsu, Luthious and you already know the others, guys this is Taise."

They all shake his hand except Tetsu who just walks off to the bar and starts chatting to some girls which makes jealousy rage through me "so seriously what brings you home?"

Taise leant down and kissed the top of my head and laughed "straight to the point, you never change Kitty." He paused "I'm just here on business, I the morning."

Luca squeezed my leg as I zone out while I watch one of the girls Tetsu was talking to kiss and nibble his ear. I lean over and whisper to Luca "I'm not feeling too good."

Taise obviously hearing this leant down again "did you want me to walk you back?" I shake my head "come on I'll at least walk you as far as the steps." He took my hand.

I kissed Luca's cheek, made my goodbyes and walked out with Taise to the steps of the castle like he promised.

"Is everything ok Kittycat?" He looked into my eyes and I knew he could see my vulnerability behind my facade.

I smile the best I can muster "yeah I'll be fine... it was good seeing you again, don't make it so long next time." I leant up and kissed his cheek "goodbye Taise." I walked away before tears started to spill. I really could t understand why I was feeling this way? We had only known each other a few days and I felt like I lost part of myself and a piece of my heart.