Chapter 4 - Knight in shining armor

Kitana POV

I storm up to my bedroom trying my hardest to calm down but failing miserably. Who does he think he is!? Laughing at my shattered dreams! I will make him pay. I get to my room and slam my door letting out a high pitched scream of frustration and stomp my feet to the other side of my room and kicking anything in my path as I begin to pace "Stupid Elf!" I scream out but it doesn't make me feel any better.

It's like I have all this pent up anger but I can't get rid of it, I think my door opens but I can't focus behind this fury that clouds my mind, still pacing I pinch the bridge of my nose and try to concentrate on breathing.

"Kitana" Cavelle is standing in front of me, her hands firmly on my shoulders to stop me from pacing and looks into my eyes but I focus on her lips "Kitana, look at me" her lips move but I can't hear a sound so I close my eyes as she squeezes my shoulders gently a calmness washes over me "That's right, just breath in, and out" I mimic her actions which makes her smile pleasantly "are you back with us?" she eyes me cautiously.

I hate that she can calm the deadliest of furies in me so simply. I sigh and nod pulling away from her and walking over to the large chair in the corner of the room by the window and sitting down drawing my knees up to my chest and rest my forehead on my knees to hide my embarrassment for a moment, my red hair creating a barrier from Cavelle's pitying look she gives me. "Sorry" I mumble barely above a whisper, looking up at her as I cuddle my legs closer to my chest.

Cavelle sat on the edge of the bed and scooped up a raggedy old teddy that must have fallen on the floor, it was my great protector from the monsters under my bed and other such horrors that crept into a child's room at night. I don't know why I keep him but a reminiscent look flashes across her face which made Cavelle smile, she must have had the same thought, and then she sighed with a disappointed look on her face obviously remembering why she is here.

"Kit, you can't just get mad at everyone that Father puts through to the Hikari." I groan loudly and she presses her lips together into a hard line while looking over at me with a raised brow but I avoid her gaze and instead move mine to the window "I know how much it means to you and it breaks my heart, it really does" from the corner of my eye I see another emotion flash on her face, sympathy maybe? "But the Hikari are here to protect us Kitana, I just wish you could let it go" she sighed again deeply and stared out the window too.

"How can I move on?...Cavelle, this is my dream, something I have wanted with my whole heart since I can remember" I roll my eyes and sigh "you would never understand" I shake my head and looked over at her trying to stop the tears that threatened to spill.

She stood and looked back at me, her face unreadable again "Your right I would never understand" she walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out an elegant gown, walking back over to the bed which the must have made before chasing me to Fathers study earlier this afternoon and laid the gown on the bed, carefully smoothing out any creases.

She blinked looking down at the natural colored plain looking dress with crystals that shimmered on the neckline and forming the straps of the dress, Cavelle admired the dress then closed her eyes as if she had a heart breaking thought, when she opened her eyes they were glazed over in sadness "Father is trying his best to protect you, Gods forbid you get hurt or worse" she closes her eyes again briefly and swallows hard, was she swallowing back tears? "It is our duty to do as our King wishes and stand by as the Hikari do what they have sworn to do even if it brings an untimely death" she barely whispered the last word and grimaced at the very word.

Only then does it click inside my mind that behind the pride she has for Rihdan and the false smile she has put on for so long while she encouraged and supported him in his dream to join the Hikari, she is so hurt and worried for the stupid oaf.