[ 24 ] catching on

♔ thomas jefferson ♔

my eyes are distant and my mind is foggy as i watch the screen with such disinterest. i'm not sure why i think flickering lights and magic taps are not interesting, but it seems to be so. it's already been around an hour into the movie, yet, i'm still halfway with my box of popcorn and bored out of my mind.

munching lazily on the snack, i bring my gaze to my right to see alexander entranced within the movie. his widened eyes and tight jaw causes a ghost of a smirk to curl onto my lips as i see eliza cling onto him for dear life. it's quite amusing really. i can see alex's hand twitching as he grasps hold of the armrest. he's scared but he's not showing it. it pisses me off, but in an amusing way, if that makes sense.

as i'm taking in alex's expression, an arm suddenly shoots from my left into my box of popcorn, earning me to tear my gaze away and turn to face aaron. his eyes are also glued to the screen as he shoves a handful of popcorn into his mouth. jeez, why did aaron tag along?

it's not that i don't like his company, i'm just quite confused. it feels as if he's always around when i'm with alex. but it's nothing to feel very annoyed about.

the movie then abruptly makes a loud sound throughout the cinema as a jump scare flashes upon the screen. this causes almost everyone to jump out of their skins and for choruses of startled yelps echo through the room, though, i don't have an idea on what's happening.

i quickly bring my gaze back onto the screen to see what all the commotion is about, but i suddenly catch something from the corner of my eye. alexander is literally grinding his teeth together, his pupils dilated ever so slightly as he tries to keep a straight face. but he can't, really can't.

and it's very entertaining.

smirking slightly, i lean into him, my eyes trained onto the screen. "are you scared?" i whisper softly, earning him to stiffen and a visible shiver to fly up his spine. this causes a low chuckle to leave my throat as i lean away, watching as he snaps a deadly glare toward me.

"shut up." he hisses quietly, his nails digging into the armrest. i just grin slightly, rolling my eyes as he continues to growl, shuffling ever so slightly away from me and into eliza's embrace.

i sink into the seat, a smug look settling upon my features. i love teasing alex. it's literally on my 'things to do every day' list because of how funny his reactions are. i grab some popcorn and shove it into my mouth, drowning some mountain dew in the process.

however, then another jump scare erupts and alex actually lets out a literal yelp of surprise. this makes me almost burst out laughing as i point at him teasingly and sloppily try not to spit out the mountain dew out of my mouth, which only earns me a whack to the back of the head and a jab to the side.

"i actually thought i was gonna die, oh my goodness!" peggy stumbles out as we leave the cinema room, literally clinging desperately onto her eldest's sister's arm.

i throw out the empty popcorn box and mountain dew bottle as everyone else agrees, tagging along after them as they all begin to calm down.

"it wasn't that bad." comments the person who i least expected to say because holy jesus it was absolutely bad for him. it just makes me hold back a mirthful laugh as i give him a look.