[ 10 ] a thoughful gift, indeed

a/n - i know i post every week on this story, but i just reached 1k so you guys totally deserve an update ;) thanks so much!
(p.s - get ready for drama)

♔ alexander hamilton ♔

from the abrupt pause in thomas's step, i accidentally run into him, causing me to grunt and stagger back. i hold my nose that begins to hurt from the pain of bumping into his broad torso and look up at thomas in confusion. "thomas, what the hell?" i hiss out.

thomas doesn't turn back, he just keeps staring forward, confusing me. i arch a brow and straighten myself, "thomas?"

thomas then suddenly spins around to face me, his face neutral and unreadable. he stares me down, intimidating me slightly. then he all of a sudden glares his piercing gaze straight through my head. "you found another job? you're kidding right?" his voice is quiet and twisted with disbelief.

i blink up at him, before lazily shrugging my shoulders and dropping my gaze. "no, i did get one," i mumble, "but it's not like it's a big of a deal. i just-" i'm cut off when thomas leans forward and grasps onto my wrist, spinning on his heel and dragging me out of the police station. i stumble after him, almost biting my tongue at the sudden movement.

he drags me down the street, earning perplexed looks and causing me to keep my gaze to the ground, embarrassed and refusing to glance up. i let my hair fall over my face as we finally reach thomas's car. he doesn't say a word and just shoves me into the passenger door and then slides into his own seat on the other side.

i just watch, perplexed, as he starts up the car and drives off. i decide to end the annoying silence, crossing my arms. "thomas, what's your problem? where are we going?" my tone is laced with annoyance as he continues to glare at the road.

thomas scoffs, "my problem is that you have another fucking job, alex! 'not that big of a deal'? hah!" he turns to me, glaring fiercely, "well, news flash, it is. and it's ridiculous! you can't even handle three and you have another one?" he rolls his eyes and faces the road again, growling.

i look at him with a shocked expression, surprised that he'd be so mad at just one measly job. my eyebrows pull together in confusion. "why are you upset? it's not like we're close." i end up mumbling the last part and turn back to face the road, leaning into my seat, annoyed.

from the corners of my eyes, i see thomas's hurt expression at what i said, but i ignore it. he should've be getting so mad at me. i just glare at the road that leads to the supermarket, but we suddenly take a right instead of a left. a gasp leaves my lips and i sit up straighter in my chair. "thomas, i'm gonna be late for orientation! turn back!" i hiss out, insanely pissed off as i snap my gaze to him.

thomas mirrors my gaze. "i don't care. it's not we're close enough for me to care." he repeats mockingly, his tongue stinging with annoyance. my eyebrows shoot up and my jaw drops at his response, watching speechlessly as he calmly drives us back to his house. oh, now i'm fucking pissed.

"stop this car, thomas." i whisper out, trying my best to remain calm and keep my voice stable. thomas just arches a brow.

"why? we're almost home." then he smiles happily in a horrible sarcastic way.

that's fucking it.