[ 09 ] look, i made you lunch darlin'

♔ alexander hamilton ♔

it was nice to finally take a break and have a movie marathon with my friends for a little while, but i still have a priority. mhm, yep, i'm going back to work. my first job today is at the pizza parlour and do some deliveries. then it's to the restaurant till late. they're usually busy on the weekend anyway.

the time on the clock read 7:15 am even though my shift starts at 9. it's the start of the week, i need to go and stock up in supplies, but i still have some free time to spare. i end up deciding to busy myself with cleaning thomas's house a bit. surprisingly, it's quite clean, but i reckon i should make it cleaner. i don't like sitting around and doing nothing anyway.

by the time it's 8, i've basically made every single speck of dust disappear and made the house spotless. thomas hasn't woken up yet, which confuses me because i'm sure he's supposed to be at work by now. with my sleeved shirt rolled up to my elbows, i wipe the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand and heave out a satisfied sigh. i should start getting ready.

removing my gloves and brushing the loose strands of hair out of my eyes, i pat down my hands and head for the stairs. as i'm about to pass thomas's room in the hallway, the door suddenly swings open, catching me off guard and causing me to run right into the door.

the loud noise makes thomas choke on his spit, "oh whoops." he snickers, and when i back up with my hand to my forehead, i see thomas standing there with an amused expression, his toothbrush in his mouth and toothpaste sticking to his lips. he flashes me a stupid grin, "i thought you would've left already."

i give him a blank look. "it's okay thomas, don't apologise." i retort, sarcasm stinging in my tone as i watch thomas's eyebrows raise in amusement.

he chuckles and rolls eyes eyes, giving me the finger before spinning around and heading back into his room, his door slamming shut. i click my tongue and glare at his door. i guess some things haven't changed since high school.

i'm all dressed and ready by 8:30 and rushing down the stairs with an elastic band between my teeth as i try to throw my hair into a ponytail. when i reach the bottom of the stairs, i see thomas drinking a cup of orange juice and leaning against the open door frame that leads to the kitchen, browsing on his phone with his free hand. he seems to notice my presence because he looks up and spots me tying up my hair.

he gives me a sly smile. "leaving?" he questions which earns him a nod. he just hums an acknowledgement before scrolling mindlessly on his phone again. as he does so, i reach over and grab my wallet, phone and the spare key thomas lent me. i turn to go, but his voice stops me in my tracks.

"aren't you gonna eat?"

when i peer over my shoulder, his glass of oj is gone and instead, in his hand, it's replaced with a brown paper bag. i arch an eyebrow as he shakes the bag slightly. "eat this on the way." he orders, tossing me the bag. i struggle to catch it, but when i look inside, there's a sandwich and an apple. my eyebrows furrow and i glance up to see him observing me with his arms crossed.

i scoff, a smile tugging on the corners of my lips. "you packed me a school lunch?" thomas just shrugs, causing me to burst out laughing for a bit. i shove my phone and wallet into my pocket and reach over to grab my helmet sitting on one of thomas's tables. "thanks mom." i call out before swinging open the front door and stepping out.

before i shut the door, i hear him exclaim from inside, "don't stay out for too long, darlin'!"

pfft, what an idiot.