[ 14 ] thomas has a crisis and someone loves tea

a/n - MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM AUSTRALIA!

♔ alexander hamilton ♔

let me warn you, staying with herc and lafayette is actual hell, because it's been three days and i can't even stand them. it's not that they're bad company, no. they're just realllyy lovey dovey and it's disgusting to watch. whatever you do, don't let them watch netflix, or, oh god.

anyways, the dollar store is quiet on a wednesday afternoon, so it's good for me. i know, it sucks to get someone a present at the dollar store, but i'm poor. i almost got fired from the supermarket, and it pisses me off. i've never really been fired before...

it's been three days since i've contacted thomas. he hasn't contacted me either, and i kind of miss his texts, but i'll definitely surprise him at his party. madison told me it'll be held at his house and he's bringing a bunch of friends over. the fact that he didn't invite me makes me upset.

now i'm not one to go around partying, but i just have the urge to visit thomas anyway. i mean, he's done so much for me already, it's the least i could do. i wonder if he'll forgive me, but i guess it depends on what present i get him.

my eyes scan the shelves as i walk down the aisles of the dollar store. i wonder what thomas would like? we don't actually know that much of each other yet. should i ask madison? nah.

suddenly a small shiny item hanging on a hook catches my eye. when i approach it, i notice that it's a silver charm of a bear. i remember in history class in high school, thomas would go on and on about how the third president of the united states, daveed diggs, owned two bears and that if it wasn't illegal here, he would have bears too. i pause. why do i remember that?

the thought makes me smile nonetheless, and i take the charm off the hook, examining it in my hands. with a nod of my head, i go toward the counter and pay for the charm, then start to head back to laf's house with a cheeky smile on my face.

♔ thomas jefferson ♔

"should i? no. but... i have to!" i groan and scream, rolling around on the floor in my living room, grasping my phone tightly. james is sitting on my couch nearby, eating a bag of chips and watching me blankly.

he swallows. "i'm sorry, but what are you panicking about again?" he asks me as he cocks up his brow and shoves his hand in the chip packet. he eyes me as i sit up from the ground and glare at my phone with annoyed eyes. on my phone screen is alexander's contact, the message button begging for me to tap it.

i snap my gaze up to james, a worried expression on my features. "i don't know if i should invite alex of not..." jame's face drops from confusion to his famous neutral expression. he stuffs his face with more chips.

"why are you getting flustered over alexander?" he inquires, a small smirk twitching on the corners of his lips. he watches amusingly as my face heats up and my eyes go wide.

i quickly stammer, my gaze awkwardly shifting away. "i-i'm not. it's just... we just had a fight and i don't want it to be awkward..." i mumble out the last bit, casting my gaze to my carpet as i pluck some of the material. that was a lie, i really want him to be there even after we fought, but i know he isn't a party person. a frown pulls on my lips as i glare at my phone screen.