[ 21 ] i told you to wait for me

♔ alexander hamilton ♔

i never knew how soft thomas's hair was until now. it sure did look soft, but touching it now, it feels way softer than it looks.

subconsciously, i twirl my fingers through his dark locks as i rest my head onto his chest. his heart is beating quite fast too... i also feel how warm his body temperature is.

i finally start to relax myself in thomas's embrace, my eyes fluttering closed as i softly exhale. all the stress over the last few weeks instantly vanishes into thin air as i melt in thomas's arms. fuck, i don't want to say how much i missed him, but i did miss him... a lot.

however, all of a sudden, he leans away from me, and i nearly let out a whine of disapproval as his touch and warmth disappears. i take my bottom lip between my teeth to stop myself, my ears going red slightly.

reaching thomas's gaze, i notice the way he's smirking cockily down at me, and my relaxed state instantly twists into annoyance. a vein pops in my forehead as i glare up at him. "the fuck are you smirking about?" i growl out, but he just grins even wider.

a chuckle bubbles from his lips as he reaches up to pinch my cheek. "nothing, you idiot." he tells me before stepping away and turning his back. i rub my cheek, watching as he walks off somewhere.

i blink after him, confused as of to what he's doing. however, my question is answered when he returns with his jacket and keys.

he approaches me with a grin, taking my hand when he reaches me before pulling me toward the door. he waves over his shoulder with his free hand, "thanks, james!" he hollers, earning a loud bang from the back of the house. thomas just chuckles while i manage to grab my helmet and avoid the splattered pizza on the floor.

i let thomas drag me out of the house, not bothering to protest when he laces our fingers together. a frown pulls on my lips as i shut the door behind me, "you know you have to pay for that." i tell the tall man, reminding him about the pizza.

he just sends me a careless shrug and starts to head for his car. how did i not notice that before? i ponder as thomas unlocks the vehicle, "i will." he says, letting my hand go and walking to the passenger side, opening the door and motioning his hand inside the car while he offers me a stupid grin.

i arch a brow, crossing my arms, "thomas, i still have work." i inform, watching as his smile falters a bit. he stares for a moment, before sighing and running his hands through his hair, leaning on the car.

he glances back up at me, "when does your shift end?" he questions.

i just give him a perplexed look. "5:30..." i reply back, and he just snaps his fingers and gives me finger guns. i nearly choke on my spit at this, my mouth dropping while he slams the passenger door shut and walks over to the driver's side.

he gives me a stupid grin, "wait for me." then he hops into his car. i step back as he drives off, watching as his car heads down the street.

a smile curls on my lips and i look away, my cheeks flaring slightly. a hand shoots up to try and cover my red face. "pfft, idiot."

♔ thomas jefferson ♔