"What about a breeze?"

"It's going to come and sweep you off your feet."

"Excuse me?"

Abby stands there quiet. She turns around and begins to walk away.

"Abby! What are you talking about?"

She stops walking and says, "A breeze will blow in soon."

As I'm calling out towards Abby, I felt my eyes open up. My heart was beating very rapidly and I was sweating from head to toe. "It was all a dream?" I asked myself.

The rest of the night was horrible. I just couldn't fall back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I walked into work the next morning, there was a lot of commotion in the lobby. I went over to where Jane was standing and asked, "What's going on?"

"The media is trying to get information about Abby," she answered.

"Why?"

"They're starving. It doesn't matter why, Maura."

"Let's go downstairs, Jane."

I brought Jane downstairs for awhile so we could talk. I shut my office door so no one would hear us. We both sat on my couch as I began telling her about my dream. Jane doesn't really believe in ghosts or dreams.

"I don't know, Maura. Maybe you just miss her and dreamt of her?" Jane told me.

"I don't know, Jane. It felt so real. Maybe she's trying to tell me something."

"Maur..."

"I'm being serious!"

"What did she say again?"

"She said, 'A breeze is going to blow in and sweep you off your feet.'"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know! But I have to find out."

The rest of the day was extremely difficult. I had to begin Abby's autopsy which saddened me deeply. I could barely make the y-incision.

I was just excited to get the hell out of work. Jane called Casey and told him that she and I are going out to dinner. Thank God- I needed to go out.

We both drove to the Dirty Robber where we saw two men fighting out front. Jane walked up to my car and told me to not get out. She hopped in the passenger seat and watched them.

The bartender came out and resolved the fight. He only kicked the one man off of his property. The other one just sat back down on the bench and lit a cigarette.

He was rough looking in the face. He was wearing a leather vest on top of a grey t-shirt with jeans on. There are also several tattoos on his left arm- Jane said it's called a "sleeve". There was a motorcycle parked next to the bench he was sitting on. I assumed it was his.

Jane and I got out of the car and began walking towards the doors. The man stood up and limped over to the door, opening it for us. He looked as if he was in a lot of pain.

"Thanks man," Jane said walking past him.

"Thank you," I told the stranger, giving him a warm smile.

"Yeah no problem. Anything for two fine ladies such as yourself," he replied with a thick Boston accent.

I just smiled at him and walked through the door, meeting Jane at a booth. We both had a cheeseburger an fries. I wasn't in the mood for much healthy food. I needed something greasy and unhealthy.

"Dr. Maura Isles, cheating on your diet, I see?" Jane pointed out.

"Well I need something unhealthy from this day at work."

"It is hard, isn't it?"

"Jane, I'm not so sure if I can handle this one."

"Same here, Maur. But you heard what Cavanaugh said. We all have to work on this one."

"God, it's such a shame."

"Yeah, it is."

Ending the conversation, we ate dinner in silence. The rest of the night was long, but I was able to get some sleep.

Jane and I have been making it a habit to go out to dinner every night after work. We would leave BPD around nine o'clock at night and head over to the Dirty Robber. Every single time we go, the same biker man is there. When he sees my car pulling into the parking lot, he will get up from either the bench or his bike and open the door for me.

He is a very scary man, however. Very nice, but frightening. There isn't a day that goes by when he isn't smoking a cigarette or wearing leather.

I loved looking at him. Black, scruffy hair with green eyes. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for green eyes. There's something about this man that frightens me, yet intrigues me.